Tottenham Vs Sheffield Utd - 9th Nov.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He'll be under so much pressure now not to change things. Last night we saw a glimpse of a possible bright new future. Let's hope he was as excited at the prospect as we were and continues with the same group of players, except for Eriksen.
If he reverts back to the team that played Everton then it would be sheer madness.

He'll be under so much pressure now not to change things. Last night we saw a glimpse of a possible bright new future. Let's hope he was as excited at the prospect as we were and continues with the same group of players, except for Eriksen.
If he reverts back to the team that played Everton then it would be sheer madness.

If he can stick with that team as often as possible this season and as things go on through the months until May we see a similar integration into the team like Lo Celso has had happening with the likes of Skipp, Sessegnon, Parrott and possibly even Clarke if we recall him and figure he's better of with us than gathering dust on a bogus loan deal then we will be shaping up very well with this new chapter.

A really impressive amount of young talent and honestly I'd much rather see us use this season as the one we blood them god and proper. The old guard are fading, let's not hang onto the memories and make things not seem as wonderful as they once were with them. Time for this lot to get a hearty old bite.

If he can stick with that team as often as possible this season and as things go on through the months until May we see a similar integration into the team like Lo Celso has had happening with the likes of Skipp, Sessegnon, Parrott and possibly even Clarke if we recall him and figure he's better of with us than gathering dust on a bogus loan deal then we will be shaping up very well with this new chapter.

A really impressive amount of young talent and honestly I'd much rather see us use this season as the one we blood them god and proper. The old guard are fading, let's not hang onto the memories and make things not seem as wonderful as they once were with them. Time for this lot to get a hearty old bite.
Exactly, he needs to commit to this selection and give them the backing and confidence in league games. No better medicine for a team than winning and staying together as a unit.

Agreed!

If anything he needs to look at Chelsea who are flying with a young fresh talented team. Absolute no reason for him to draft in the likes of Aurier, Eriksen etc Saturday after that performance. Needs to continue with the GLC, NDombele and Foyth in the starting 11 who were all outstanding. Hopefully give Sess more minutes again.

Gazza
Sanchez dier davies
Foyth. Sessengon
GLC. Ndombele. Dele. Son
Kane

For teams that want to park the bus I want to see us set up like this

edit Foyth and sess wingbacks but my iPhone makes it look messy :pochbye:

I'm under no illusion that isn't going to be a tough game. Sheffield United have the best defence in the league, so we need to be on it to get a win Saturday. Saying that, the last team to visit the Lane with the best defence at the time was Palace, and we hit them for 4.

Last nights result would have been a huge confidence booster, but after beating Red Star 5-0 at home, we then went a had a horrible 1-1 draw with Watford.

Sheff United will probably come and play for a point, try and nick it on set pieces, but the way Wilder sets them up is impressive. 3 at the back, but the right and left centre halves to the overlapping. John Eagan is a proper leader, Mousset is in some form and their midfield know how to win a game dirty. I like Sheff United, hope they stay up, but not by getting any points this weekend.

Poch would be foolish to change the team from Wednesday's result, maybe then other Alderweireld coming in. Against teams that are going to sit back, we need players to unlock a defence. Ndombele and Lo Celso are musts for that, and Kane might have to drop in to the 10 role so Son and Dele can run beyond. Kane's passing is unreal, and could be vital to a win here.

The only other change I'd maybe make is Sessengon for Dele, as when there isn't much room on the pitch, Dele can become isolated. But I'd be happy with either starting.

A win here, 2 wins on the bounce before the international break would be brilliant, and could be the kickstart we need for the season.

Anyone looking for a ticket for this, let me know. I can’t make it now, and have listed my ticket on the exchange (SS Blk 322) but I doubt it will sell, so rather than it go to waste I’m happy to gift it to a reputable member on here - providing you’ve got a CRN I can transfer it to.
Edit - it’s gone.

Last edited:
The Red Star team today would be my starting line up. Even though I'd love Sess for Rose, I think Poch needs to reward victors.

Not Victor Wanyama though. He is gash.
I don't think we could sign them all in time!
Besides, OUR tram is MUCH better than Red Star's....

...oh, and remember when Marko Marin used to be a 'thing'?

I even thought he'd be the next Luka Modric had WE signed him!!!

Can see Toby and Sessengnon coming in for Rose and somebody, maybe Alli? Go 3 at the back with Foyth and Sessengon as wing backs.

Just hope for the love of god Kane, Son, Ndombele, Sissoko and Lo Celso all start. Really liked how they played together and we need to start sticking with winning teams.

Same as or as close to the same lineup as against Red Star please. Maybe Ben in for Rose and Toby for Dier if needed.

Keep the good vibes going.

We all know what happened after the first red star match at Anfield or was it Watford?! I pray he sees sense too though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom