Tottenham Vs Sheffield Utd - 9th Nov.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have a feeling that Sheff U's over-confidence (the fans anyway) will be their undoing.

We have seen it all before. Team gets promoted, have a flying start and then it gradually catches up with them.

They are a well drilled side but I think we will eke out a narrow win.

Score early and we could go on for a more comfortable victory.

So, if I’m not mistaken, what you’re saying is 12-0.

Really worrying that we are pessimistic about bloody Sheffield United at home. Should be a complete home banker this and we should be going into this confident of smashing them.
Have you just woken up from a 16 month long coma? Have a gander at the league positions and results of the two teams and then tell me who should be favourites to win.

I'm sure that the right player to replace Sissoko would make a great difference to our side, the only positive I've seen to his game barring his athleticism is carrying the ball past players, which to be honest is all too often let down by his passing in the final third...and athleticism should be pretty standard for most central midfielders.

For someone of his build, he isn't competitive enough in the air and after one season when he was better than the very poor standard he'd set for himself, he got somehow got some POTY awards (which I personally didn't agree with, most improved obviously though).

I don't see him making an impact in any of the other big 6 clubs or whatever you want to call it.

Contracted to 2023, I honestly hope that's so we can try and recoup some of the then record fee we paid for a player that had done little to warrant such a transfer in his Premier League career.

His two best games IMO have been against Red Star, who were pretty fucking shit tbh.

Not quite as against him as BC, but surely we should be trying quite hard to improve on his position?

Going to be there extra early, as the legend that is my hubbie (well in TFCLAND, he is) will be signing his new book in the club shop tomorrow. Was panicking as I couldn't make any of the book signings announced so far. Just hope the day ends as well as it's going to start!!

Going to be there extra early, as the legend that is my hubbie (well in TFCLAND, he is) will be signing his new book in the club shop tomorrow. Was panicking as I couldn't make any of the book signings announced so far. Just hope the day ends as well as it's going to start!!
By sounds of things, the day will end with you in jail for stalking a club legend

Have you just woken up from a 16 month long coma? Have a gander at the league positions and results of the two teams and then tell me who should be favourites to win.

Bullshit. Sheffield United are a newly promoted team and will be midtable or below come end of the season. This happens so many times when promoted teams come up and make a decent start, then suddenly plummet down the table. Trust me, I know we have been shit, but we might aswell pack up our bags and give up this season if we are panicking over Sheffield fucking United at home. Home banker and should be 3 points all day long.

Bullshit. Sheffield United are a newly promoted team and will be midtable or below come end of the season. This happens so many times when promoted teams come up and make a decent start, then suddenly plummet down the table. Trust me, I know we have been shit, but we might aswell pack up our bags and give up this season if we are panicking over Sheffield fucking United at home. Home banker and should be 3 points all day long.
I agree it should be a home banker, but we aren't the same team that went unbeaten at the old WHL, or rather we are the same team more-or-less, and maybe that's the problem. I keep waiting for the squad to 'click' and show its true potential but have been let down time and again. If Poch has the guts to actually start the new guys against SU and the performances against Red Star are repeated on Saturday then we have a realistic chance of taking all 3 points.

Last edited:
Home banker and should be 3 points all day long.

Yes it should be, but then so should Newcastle and Watford have been.

We are very susceptible to conceding an early goal to so-called inferior teams who then defend with 10 men behind the ball and we fail to come up with a plan B to break them down.

It was no coincidence that when Ndombele and Lo Celso start we have a different look to us, which is great for this season. It's freshness to the team, which makes us unpredictable again.

Both need to start tomorrow, fuck rotation. There's an international break after this game which they can get rest during. I'd even be tempted to start Sessengon on the left so we have genuine pace on the wings to get in behind.

Gazzaniga
Foyth - Sanchez - Alderweireld - Davies
Sissoko - Ndombele
Lo Celso
Son - Kane - Sessegnon

Vorm - Dier - Rose - Winks - Eriksen - Dele - Lucas

We then suddenly have a strong starting 11 and great options from the bench.

It was no coincidence that when Ndombele and Lo Celso start we have a different look to us, which is great for this season. It's freshness to the team, which makes us unpredictable again.

Both need to start tomorrow, fuck rotation. There's an international break after this game which they can get rest during. I'd even be tempted to start Sessengon on the left so we have genuine pace on the wings to get in behind.

Gazzaniga
Foyth - Sanchez - Alderweireld - Davies
Sissoko - Ndombele
Lo Celso
Son - Kane - Sessegnon

Vorm - Dier - Rose - Winks - Eriksen - Dele - Lucas

We then suddenly have a strong starting 11 and great options from the bench.
Winks in for Sissoko and that would be my only preference for that line up

You would play the exact same team that’s only had two days to recover against a side that presses highest that’s had a full week to be ready for this?
I'll take that as a disagree.... :thumbup: many others on here have said the same though. Rather that than the side that played against Everton. What would your selection be ??

Last edited:
Winks in for Sissoko and that would be my only preference for that line up
Mate, the partnership Ndombele and Sissoko are forming cannot be disrupted. The know each others game so well, compliment each other and Sissoko has the legs to get around the pitch.

I love Winksy, future captain material, but for now, in my opinion, Sissoko and Ndombele is the way forward.

What’s that got to do with Skipp? BC was arguing for him starting in central midfield, I disagreed. How have we arrived here? He originally had Lo Celso on the right of a midfield 3, he’s now agreeing with you that he should be a proper DM?
Not Lo Celso, we need a proper (new) DM to play with Lo Celso and Ndombele in midfield.. Should be our main priority in the transfer window.

Mate, the partnership Ndombele and Sissoko are forming cannot be disrupted. The know each others game so well, compliment each other and Sissoko has the legs to get around the pitch.

I love Winksy, future captain material, but for now, in my opinion, Sissoko and Ndombele is the way forward.
I think Winks's role recycling ball between defence and AMs (water carrier) would dovetail in well with GLC and N'Dombele, as he is a better passer than Sissoko , plus he's a head up player - rather than Sissoko's head down and charge style.
I like what he brings.
Sissoko is better if it turns into a physical battle

We need to watch Lundstrom's (spelling?) runs from deep though, he has got some goals from his surging runs into the box

I think Winks's role recycling ball between defence and AMs (water carrier) would dovetail in well with GLC and N'Dombele, as he is a better passer than Sissoko , plus he's a head up player - rather than Sissoko's head down and charge style.
I like what he brings.
Sissoko is better if it turns into a physical battle

We need to watch Lundstrom's (spelling?) runs from deep though, he has got some goals from his surging runs into the box
Thats where Ndombele, Lo Celso and whoever partners (Sissoko or Winks) will be crucial. The more we press them, the less chance he has of bombing forward. We need to get back to the old style of pressing from the off, something we did show on Wednesday. The exact team, with only maybe centre half and left back rotation needs to be played.

Ooooh thanks for that info - might do the same, myself.

Back
Top Bottom