Tottenham Vs Sheffield Utd - 9th Nov.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just think certain people wake up and put a cartoon head head on with “Skipp good, Sissoko bad” written behind the cartoon eyelids.
I know a reasonable amount about football and readily admit that all I have seen of Skipp has been his short subs appearances (some of which I have seen live) and televised league cup games and he has looked average, at best. Winks looked far more competent at the same stage.
Fucked if I can see what Blakey gets all moist about TBH.
Mind you, I have long since given up reading any of his stats based condemnations, I prefer to look at games and decide based on the contribution and skill levels that players show out.
Old school

No many opposition midfields can handle Sissoko and Ndombele together. So much pace, power and ability to move with the ball.

Those 2 must start with Lo Celso to get between the lines. If Sheffield United wide centre halves are going to bomb it forward then this is a great game for Son, the space left will be perfect for him. Probably Dele too, as he's at his best when there is space to exploit.

This could get ugly.

Sheffield are a well drilled well oiled machine. No one oustanding but play lovely as a team
No team in the League apparently presses higher than them!!!

This has been our nemesis if you want to beat us then just press us high. The fact we only played on Wed giving us two days in between games falls nicely for them. I’m certain Poch will rotate for this much to the shouting of the fans who know best.

this game is going to be really tough.

Last edited:
Exactly, he needs to commit to this selection and give them the backing and confidence in league games. No better medicine for a team than winning and staying together as a unit.
You would play the exact same team that’s only had two days to recover against a side that presses highest that’s had a full week to be ready for this?

I have a feeling that Sheff U's over-confidence (the fans anyway) will be their undoing.

We have seen it all before. Team gets promoted, have a flying start and then it gradually catches up with them.

They are a well drilled side but I think we will eke out a narrow win.

Score early and we could go on for a more comfortable victory.

I have a feeling that Sheff U's over-confidence (the fans anyway) will be their undoing.

We have seen it all before. Team gets promoted, have a flying start and then it gradually catches up with them.

They are a well drilled side but I think we will eke out a narrow win.

Score early and we could go on for a more comfortable victory.

If we can get an early goal, and force them to come at us, it completely negates their usual gameplan, would love them open to the counter.

Would be ripe to then bring on someone like Ryan Sess for the last 20/25 and rip them a new arsehole!

Prediction: 0-0

No team in the League apparentlypresses higher than them!!!

This has been our nemesis if you want to beat us then just press us high. The fact we only played on Wed giving us two days in between games falls nicely for them. I’m certain Poch will rotate for this much to the shouting of the fans who know best.

this game is going to be really tough.

Easy - hit them hard, and fast. Ndombele long through ball specials, please.

Tough game? narrow win? going to be messy? Bollocks to that shit. We are going to smash these pretenders enjoying their 5 minutes of fame.
I watched them at West Ham and they were shit and lucky they were playing a team even more shit.

If we can’t back our team to beat these teams we might as well give up..

0-0 or a scrappy 1-0 win it is then..:townhmm::walker-scream:

You would play the exact same team that’s only had two days to recover against a side that presses highest that’s had a full week to be ready for this?
Hey brother of course play 90% the same 11 as Belgrade.
Constant tinkering has been a down zone . Our squad doesn't have enough quality for a major shuffle dude.
Roscoe , Rusty and me just can't take another sideway douchbag showing.
Build a first 11 for main games and others will get their chance on merit.
Take your point bud but it aint worked.

Easy - hit them hard, and fast. Ndombele long through ball specials, please.
We've only managed that once this season in the league, so probability suggests this won't happen.

It wouldn't surprise me if he's on the bench, I'm 2nd guessing where his fitness levels are, but he's yet to complete 90mins in the league. In fact, the ONLY two games he's completed 90mins have been against Red Star who we thrashed on both occasions and were in complete control. We've all seen him blowing out of his arse at around the 60min mark in the League, he's clearly not up to speed with its pace yet.

He may well choose to keep him on the bench and then bring him on against tired legs as he did against Liverpool.

Hey brother of course play 90% the same 11 as Belgrade.
Constant tinkering has been a down zone . Our squad doesn't have enough quality for a major shuffle dude.
Roscoe , Rusty and me just can't take another sideway douchbag showing.
Build a first 11 for main games and others will get their chance on merit.
Take your point bud but it aint worked.
I've no idea what team we will put out but would be gobsmacked if we don't rotate, and equally surprised that fans are expecting to see the same team too. TWO days rest against a GOOD team that's been preparing all week.

Skipp is Winks Mk2. As are all our safety first academy players. Don’t give the ball away against 18 year olds and we’l give you another contract. Try something different and we’ll fuck you off to Turkey. I honestly wouldn’t mind if Poch left. He’s not really delivering on the youth front, and he does look a bit complacent. I’m also sick of his coaching staff - they seem to have no influence at all. They’re a gang of mates who have outlived their welcome - so yeah - Poch out, and take those jokers with you. They’re stealing a wage imo.

Joe, if it’s any consolation, I can barely remember what day of the week it is let alone digest football stats. I’d be keen to give Skipp a chance. I thought he was one of our best players pre-season and he looked like he actually wanted to run around and try different things rather than stick to rigid patterns (Sissoko and especially Winks). In many ways it’s more that I want to see Poch back younger players. If he’s not good enough, we’ll soon find out and can move him on. Too often we let our youngsters get stuck in limbo.

If not Skipp, I’d be happy to see Dier play DM. Also surprised Foyth has never really been used there. He’s one of our most comfortable players on the ball, but appreciate that doesn’t mean he knows the defensive positioning for a 6.

Last edited:
Joe, if it’s any consolation, I can barely remember what day of the week it is let alone digest football stats. I’d be keen to give Skipp a chance. I thought he was one of our best players pre-season and he looked like he actually wanted to run around and try different things rather than stick to rigid patterns (Sissoko and especially Winks). In many ways it’s more that I want to see Poch back younger players. If he’s not good enough, we’ll soon find out and can move him on. Too often we let our youngsters get stuck in limbo.

If not Skipp, I’d be happy to see Dier play DM. Also surprised Foyth has never really been used there. He’s one of our most comfortable players on the ball, but appreciate that doesn’t mean he knows the defensive positioning for a 6.
Joe - JOE!

Cranston wants you!

None of us think we will see the same team as Poch tends to makes wholesale changes which usually don't work brother.
We just hope he does.

There are people who run a marathon a day. I don't think it's that farfetched to expect professional athletes who ran around 10k on Wednesday to put in a similar shift on Saturday. I believe this is an aspect that is exaggerated in modern day football.

Of course, I also believe Poch will rotate some of the players, but it doesn't change the fact that it wouldn't be a big deal if we fielded the same starting 11 as in Belgrade.

And just for the record, I don't think it's necessary for us to start the same team as in Belgrade in order to win this game.

Really worrying that we are pessimistic about bloody Sheffield United at home. Should be a complete home banker this and we should be going into this confident of smashing them.

Back
Top Bottom