Tottenham Vs Sheffield Utd - 9th Nov.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They just keep changing which players should have played, & then when they are crap , they change it again, all rather than admit we need better players.

Still not getting it.
People like you defended the manager and his treatment of the squad and peripheral players who you deemed as being mid table and Champo level.
This was what you needed to claim in order to berate Levy for “shitting on” the manager and “neglecting” the team.

Then when the first choice get overplayed, entitled, lose form and stop caring, you then claim that the “bad eggs” should be benched as they have “shat on” the manager.

Then when the squad players come in, you think they should perform well in their first game back, usually out of position, after being given about 15 minutes over two years.

Then you start pretending that come January all we need to do is open the wallet, while ignoring that spending big in January won’t help because our manager won’t play them until midway through the following season.

You backed the wrong horse, no need to lash out on those who saw it before you.

Nothing? Not even the last few seasons? Barely any investment, players running down their contracts and avoiding injury and not having motivation to play. Not sure what we expected
Yeah & 2 of the last 4 signings look very good. 1 has loads of potential. & Clarke most likely a dud but was always a punt, & I may be wrong.

No mate, be wary of ever saying I wanted or want Kane playing every game.

I stand alone in saying we have needed another out and out striker.

I also stand amongst few who say Vardy would have been an excellent purchase. Constant desire.

I stand corrected but you certainly wasn’t the only one....

Dec 2018
Not popular but I’d have Vardy here in a flash, however unlikely a transfer.
Forget CMs, imagine being able to use him in games like last night.
No way they would have had possession in our half for 25 straight minutes.

Jan 2019
In my opinion, Llorente and Janssen need upgrading (not sure how anyone can argue against that but each to their own), so why not do it now?

Dembele has gone, and needs replacing, so that one player can cover the loss of Dele and Sissoko and one striker to replace our two back up strikers.
So three out, two in.

Its hardly wildly panicking and buying players just to cover injuries for a few weeks. They'll still be here next season, hopefully improving us.

As for Poch not playing them. Well maybe he should.

No doubt those are valid points.

But off the top of my head I cannot think of an example of a manager turning things around after such a prolonged drop in form and leading a team back to a high level of success.

Sometimes things have just run their course and it's best to move on

I agree. Enic should sell and move on.

Davies and Aurier in an attacking sense are absolutely atrocious. Cant fucking cross for shit and it is infuriating to watch. Give Foyth a run of games at RB now and prey to God Sess can be decent at Left back.

I’m running out of things to say.
mite just not good enough.
The perfect match of Poch and his players is over.
somethings not right and something needs changing.
mots not just a bad patch, it’s gone beyond that.

oh well sitting by a nice roaring fire drying off with a post match pint and moan and watching goons getting battered.
thinks ain’t too bad I guess

Am I the only one who thought we looked better today than we normally do? Not sure why poch had to tinker so much at half time though, winks for Ndombele is just strange, was he injured ?
we should have put the game to bed earlier,still onto the international break
Can normally justify anything to myself, that was the worst and most flat game I have ever had the privilege to pay to see

The worst thing about today is that Sheffield looked like the better team for most of the game and it was us playing at home. The VAR decision was ridiculous and almost gives the impression we won a point today instead of losing two.

Hopefully we will improve after the international break... I really want a win against the spammers.
Sorry there is no hope.

Funny how we can’t press on a big pitch (and the deliberate change in play is a definite contribution to our slide in form ) yet Sheffield united’s team of honest triers seemed to manage to press the shite out of us for 90 minutes
I truly feel poch has been found wanting

Back
Top Bottom