Is this the start of a relegation battle?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are win a relegation battle (at the start of November)

• Yes 100%. I’m shitting it. The players don’t want it.

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • No. Top 4 is definitely still achievable

Votes: 49 49.5%
  • Yes. Only if Poch stays. He’s the problem not the players.

Votes: 22 22.2%
  • Not sure. But I’m still undecided about Brexit as well.

Votes: 17 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don't blame Poch, blame the board.
Nothing new since Jan, poor run. Poch knew squad is not good enough, asked for signings and overhaul but no action from the club, may be NFL and other stadium activities brings same or even more profit with less risk to the owners, why bother with THFC!

Last edited:
Spurs look anything but a team at the moment. Regardless of which 11 players start, it’s generally the same passive and very poor football.
To scrape a draw at home to Sheffield United thanks to an improbable VAR intervention shows exactly where it’s at just now.
Little or no sign of things improving as the games go by, something has to change.

Last edited:
Nothing new since Jan, poor run. Poch knew squad is not good enough, asked for signings and overhaul but no action from the club, may be NFL and other stadium activities brings same or even more profit with less risk to the owners, why bother with THFC!

I blame Poch more than the board. Didn't want Lo Celso when he was £20m, fancied him when he was closer to £60m, wanted Aurier over Ricardo, didn't fancy Maddison, played Son as a fullback, gave Lucas 3 minutes to make a difference yesterday, didn't utilise Llorente well enough, completely longed Janssen off when we could have done with him in 5-10 games where Kane could have done with a rest at least.

I don't like to lay blame when people don't mean to do what they do but if we are pointing fingers I don't see how Poch gets a clearer look than Levy does it that's just how I see it.

Last edited:
I blame Poch more than the board. Didn't want Lo Celso when he was £20m, fancied him when he was closer to £60m, wanted Aurier over Ricardo, didn't fancy Maddison, played Son as a fullback, gave Lucas 3 minutes to make a difference yesterday, didn't fancy utilise Llorente well enough, completely loved Janssen off when we could have done with him in 5-10 games where Kane could have done withna rest at least.

I don't like to lay blame when people don't mean to do what they do but if we are pointing fingers I don't see how Poch gets a clearer look then Levy does it that's just how I see it.
I blame both and equally. If Poch is not happy (which he isn't) he can resign and if Poch is not good Levy should sack him. Unfortunately, we are stuck with the current board. But most on here blame Poch.

The club went backward for the last 2 seasons. There are signings which shouldn't have taken place, the likes of Njie, Nkoudo and Vincent. They were cheap but useless, who signed them! This is just an example.

Anyway, we are in bad state and can't see a quick solution, at least 5 years to recover, if anything it feels like the 90s, Levy is the new SAS.

I blame both and equally. If Poch is not happy (which he isn't) he can resign and if Poch is not good Levy should sack him. Unfortunately, we are stuck with the current board. But most on here blame Poch.

The club went backward for the last 2 seasons. There are signings which shouldn't have taken place, the likes of Njie, Nkoudo and Vincent. They were cheap but useless, who signed them! This is just an example.

Anyway, we are in bad state and can't see a quick solution, at least 5 years to recover, if anything it feels like the 90s, Levy is the new SAS.

I don't think we are 5 years away from recovery. 5 signings maybe but not 5 years.

We have good quality, thenonly issue is we have inferior players mixing it up with them but not too many. We need to get it right when signing players moving forward and we are at risk but we have a group that made a Champions League final and have qualified for the Champions League 4 years running, we just need to ensure we are vigilant and smart with a few key signings and the team can look up again and not down.

We are not 5 years away from a solution to our problems. Daniel Levy is 5 minutes away from sorting it via a quick meeting, e-mail, text or phone call to Poch. He just won't do it.

I don't think we are 5 years away from recovery. 5 signings maybe but not 5 years.

We have good quality, thenonly issue is we have inferior players mixing it up with them but not too many. We need to get it right when signing players moving forward and we are at risk but we have a group that made a Champions League final and have qualified for the Champions League 4 years running, we just need to ensure we are vigilant and smart with a few key signings and the team can look up again and not down.
How long takes Levy to get the "right" 5 signings? That cost around £250m. We are so behind of top PL teams.

We don't have good quality and we need more than 5 signings. Look at our defence, only Sanchez if any is quality, Toby 32 and Vert 30 years old. Sissoko is our best DM, I like him but he is not quality. There is only Son and Kane quality in the forward positions. Locelso is good but he won't be here next season as Spurs don't have to buy if finished outside top 6.

Last edited:

I blame both

We are not 5 years away from a solution to our problems. Daniel Levy is 5 minutes away from sorting it via a quick meeting, e-mail, text or phone call to Poch. He just won't do it.
I don't think new manager will takes us to the top and win trophies with current squad, do you?
Poch is fed up, a new manager will do better but not much better.

We have overrated players and few average too. Rose, Davies, Serge, Dier, Dele, Sissoko, Foyth. We only have one striker. You can only do so so much with what's available to work with. Even Nodombele, he is not putting £60m performances.

How long takes Levy to get the "right" 5 signings? That cost around £250m. We are so behind of top PL teams.

We don't have good quality and we need more than 5 signings. Look at our defence, only Sanchez if any is quality, Toby 32 and Vert 30 years old. Sissoko is our best DM, I like him but he is not quality. There is only Son and Kane quality in the forward positions. Locelso is good but he won't be here next season as Spurs don't have to buy if finished outside top 6.

Trust we, it is the 90s.

Long term I see us needing a GK but it ain't vital at the moment, a RB, a CB, a LB if Sessegnon isn't to be utilised there and potentially a DM.

We must look to unearth a gem. I don't know why then club is needs an average of £50m spent on each player to find its soltutions, especially when we've only ever paid that for 1 player officially in our history and a team showing us right up in Leicester have only ever paid £40m at most for any player in their history. The talent is there if we can be smart enough to acquire it.

Last edited:
I don't think new manager will takes us to the top and win trophies with current squad, do you?
Poch is fed up, a new manager will do better but not much better.

We have overrated players and few average too. Rose, Davies, Serge, Dier, Dele, Sissoko, Foyth. We only have one striker. You can only do so so much with what's available to work with. Even Nodombele, he is not putting £60m performances.
No I agree but with the right manager it will take us a lot less than 5 years to sort this mess out.

Scary looking at the table. Not in the top band, or even really the middle, but dropped like a stone into the top of the bottom.

Bottom of the league standard. Fucking tragic.

We must look to unearth a gem. I don't know why then club is needs an average of £50m spent on each player to find its soltutipn, especially when we've only ever paid that for 1 player officially in our history and a team showing us right up in Leicester have only ever paid £40m at most for any player in their history. The talent is there if we can be smart enough to acquire it.
That's where the market prices are. You get what you pay for.
We are not being smart enough recently to acquire talents at low prices.
Leicester is one off, you can't generalise it. The clubs who are successful or trying to have spent £50m average on players, the likes of Manu, Liverpool, Chelsea and even woolwich.

No I agree but with the right manager it will take us a lot less than 5 years to sort this mess out.
The worry is who is next. Levy won't go for big names who have won trophies, ie: Jose, Ancelotti or Allegro. My guess would be someone like Eddie Howe lol. What is the point of a new manager then? He will do better than present but won't reach the height or trophies.

We were getting somewhere and now all ruins which is sad. Rebuilding is difficult for any new manager.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom