Is this the start of a relegation battle?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are win a relegation battle (at the start of November)

• Yes 100%. I’m shitting it. The players don’t want it.

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • No. Top 4 is definitely still achievable

Votes: 49 49.5%
  • Yes. Only if Poch stays. He’s the problem not the players.

Votes: 22 22.2%
  • Not sure. But I’m still undecided about Brexit as well.

Votes: 17 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry to hear you were hit with a brick ArtyB ArtyB genuinely that's heartfelt, not cunting you off mate.
Want to know the scary bit? It didn't even knock me out...spun me around a bit and the blood spray was a bit unnerving but it wasn't all that...To be honest it was actually a lump of concrete, it must have been pretty old and rotten because it pretty much disintegrated on impact, either that or I have a very fucking hard head...

Last edited:
Have to say my brother isn't quite as laid back about football as me, he's a Liverpool fan and was so mentally scarred by the time Michael Thomas won the League for Woolwich at Anfield back in the day that he now can't watch the last ten minutes of any Liverpool game...He did it tonight at 3 fucking 1 for fucks sake...

ENIC are ruining the club, full stop, people don't want to see it because they think flashy stadiums are all that matters, they would rather celebrate profit and shiny new things than give a shit about what's happening on the pitch.

ENIC are going to make profit wherever we finish as long as we stay in the PL, the stadium is a money generating machine, they have our club held hostage and are more interested in securing worldwide recognition as a brand so they can take in profits outside of football than they are about actually making us compete for silverware.

Poch has turned into AVB 2.0 at this point as well, stubborn and pigheaded, refusing to change and doesn't have a clue how to integrate players apparently.

So yeah, ENIC, JL, Levy and Poch along with some players are all equal in blame as far as I am concerned.

I would have agreed with you before the stadium was built, but Enic ( Joe Lewis..ect) has done a good job on the financial side to things of allowing us to compete, not just in the next 10 years, but probably the next 25 years with the increased stadium capacity. I'd rather we finish outside the top 6/7 to avoid the Europa league trap.

Want to know the scary bit? It didn't even knock me out...spun me around a bit and the blood spray was a bit unnerving but it wasn't all that...To be honest it was actually a lump of concrete, it must have pretty old and rotten because it pretty much disintegrated on impact, either that or I have a very fucking hard head...
Sounds awful mate, did it give you concussion or anything like that?

Well I am glad you're ok mate, we might disagree on the football but you're still a spurs supporter and even if you wasn't I wouldn't wish that upon anyone.

Our current form might turn around but based on results over 2019 then we will be in a relegation fight.

Wins against spam and Bournemouth will ease my fears but I do worry if these players would have the stomach for it if we don't halt our slide down the table.

Too good to go down has haunted many a side over the years...
The fact is we are not too good to go down.

Sounds awful mate, did it give you concussion or anything like that?

Well I am glad you're ok mate, we might disagree on the football but you're still a spurs supporter and even if you wasn't I wouldn't wish that upon anyone.
I got a bit heated tonight, I have a mate who got diagnosed with lung cancer a month ago...he got rushed to hospital this morning with breathing problems and I was waiting on a call to see how he is...I came on here and got a bit pissed off at seeing people worrying about football as if it was the be and end all, when it's fucking not....

Anyway turns out he has pneumonia....stupid cunt is still smoking, no helping some people...

I got a bit heated tonight, I have a mate who got diagnosed with lung cancer a month ago...he got rushed to hospital this morning with breathing problems and I was waiting on a call to see how he is...I came on here and got a bit pissed off at seeing people worrying about football as if it was the be and end all, when it's fucking not....

Anyway turns out he has pneumonia....stupid cunt is still smoking, no helping some people...
Sorry to hear that

We are not going down, but we are not getting top 4 at this rate. For me that is a reflection of Poch's inability to adapt to who he has to work with. He complains about so much and I am sick and tired of it.

Yet, there is too much quality in this squad to be battling Newcastle. Southampton, Norwich...

We've been as bad as we've been in the 21st century, recently. We're worse, at the moment, than we were when AVB was sacked. We're still twice as many points from relegation as we are from 5th.

That is to say, chill the fuck out.

:kaneshh:

I got a bit heated tonight, I have a mate who got diagnosed with lung cancer a month ago...he got rushed to hospital this morning with breathing problems and I was waiting on a call to see how he is...I came on here and got a bit pissed off at seeing people worrying about football as it was the be and end all, when it's fucking not....

Sorry to hear that mate.

Of course mate, life is about perspective, football is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things but to be fair, it's a football forum brother, that's the topic of conversation here you know what I mean?

That's why I don't come on here when I am having a bad day that's not related to football, it's just not worth it.

Yeah I agree though, someone in my family had a lung condition and they just kept smoking, it's annoying to see from the outside, some people like you say just don't want to help themselves.

We are not going down, but we are not getting top 4 at this rate. For me that is a reflection of Poch's inability to adapt to who he has to work with. He complains about so much and I am sick and tired of it.

Yet, there is too much quality in this squad to be battling Newcastle. Southampton, Norwich...

The only reason we might avoid the drop is because the three teams currently occupying those spots are utterly horrendous but make no mistake, our form is relegation form.

We've been as bad as we've been in the 21st century, recently. We're worse, at the moment, than we were when AVB was sacked. We're still twice as many points from relegation as we are from 5th.

That is to say, chill the fuck out.

:kaneshh:
Yeah, if we won 1-0 yesterday we would have been ahead of Woolwich and behind Sheff Utd in 5th by one goal...

Teams who have players that are absolutely used to a relegation fight. Not us and if we find ourselves in it - not that we should but a point a game average would suggest this is a real argument - I will be 100% shitting it come January if we are down there.

The only reason we might avoid the drop is because the three teams currently occupying those spots are utterly horrendous but make no mistake, our form is relegation form.
Wrong. Last 5 matches out West Ham, Watford, and Norwich have taken 1 point each. We've taken 3. By literal definition, we are not in relegation form.

We're playing poorly, but there's 0.00000% chance of us being relegated. Whether or not that's because the bottom dregs of the league are woeful shite is no matter. The fact is that they are in the league, and therefore even our worst form in decades won't get us relegated this season - which is the discussion at hand.

Not everything has to be the most extreme reaction possible. It's ok to say we're really awfully shit this autumn without immediately overreaching to play the relegation card.

We don't 'worry' about it but it allows us an escape from the trials and tribulations of life and all it's challenges, such as your friend and his illness. I totally understand where you are coming from but now and again we need to forget about our mortality and the problems that face us in the real world. It's a chance to vent our feelings concerning a football team we all love and wish to do well.

Spurs becoming relegated this season would have no real effect upon my life and I doubt, in reality, it would have on anyone else in here. This is simply a place where we exchange views and opinions (and sometimes insults) about what's happening to our club.

I am sorry to hear about your friend (my mother died a few years ago of the same thing). Please however, don't assume that the passion with which we show in our postings in any way degrades or trivialises the stark reality of life's cruel twists and turns. Tottenham is a football club I love and want success for. This forum allows me some friendly banter concerning it's management and future. It also allows me a brief respite from my own personal trials and tribulations regarding health, finance and family. I suggest you allow it to do the same for you.
I have always enjoyed your deliciously dry sense of humour, please do not replace it with bitterness and anger at the outside world.
Take care
:dierpochhug:

Last edited:
Wrong. Last 5 matches out West Ham, Watford, and Norwich have taken 1 point each. We've taken 3. By literal definition, we are not in relegation form.

We're playing poorly, but there's 0.00000% chance of us being relegated. Whether or not that's because the bottom dregs of the league are woeful shite is no matter. The fact is that they are in the league, and therefore even our worst form in decades won't get us relegated this season - which is the discussion at hand.

Not everything has to be the most extreme reaction possible. It's ok to say we're really awfully shit this autumn without immediately overreaching to play the relegation card.

So because we have taken 2 points more than teams in the drop zone or around the drop zone we aren't in relegation form?

You saying there is 0% chance of us being relegated is an extreme reaction if anything, yes, I admit, it's very unlikely and should certainly not happen with this squad but your overconfidence reminds me of when people said Leicester wouldn't win the league and that people were overreacting to their good form.

You don't want to hear that relegation is a possible outcome that's the issue here because the admittance of it being possible would mean that any position or opinion about keeping Poch in a job would become immediately irrelevant.

It's not an overreaction at all mate, if West Ham beat us next game, we are in a battle to stay out of the relegation zone, that's the very definition of a relegation battle, doesn't matter how unrealistic that sounds to you, that's the situation we are currently faced with.

We don't 'worry' about it but it allows us an escape from the trials and tribulations of life and all it's challenges, such as your friend and his illness. I totally understand where you are coming from but now and again we need to forget about our mortality and the problems that face us in the real world. It's a chance to vent our feelings concerning a football team we all love and wish to do well.

Spurs becoming relegated this season would have no real effect upon my life and I doubt, in reality, it would have on anyone else in here. This is simply a place where we exchange views and opinions (and sometimes insults) about what's happening to our club.

I am sorry to hear about your friend (my mother died a few years ago of the same thing). Please however, don't assume that the passion with which we show in our postings in any way degrades or trivialises the stark reality of life's cruel twists and turns. Tottenham is a football club I love and wish to see do well. This forum allows me some friendly banter concerning it's management and future. It also allows me a brief respite from my own personal trials and tribulations regarding health, finance and family. I suggest you allow it to do the same for you.
I have always enjoyed your deliciously dry sense of humour, please do not replace it with bitterness and anger at the outside world.
Take care
:dierpochhug:

Great post mate and I echo that sentiment.

I don't agree.

On paper, you are absolutely correct, but on the pitch we are so poor with so little actual effort or passion. If we find ourselves in a fight come Xmas then we should be really worried because we don't have the minerals to battle it out.

This ain't fantasy football.

Back
Top Bottom