West Ham Knuckle Dragging Pikeys v Tottenham Hotspur. Sat 23rd November 12-30 : Live from Billy Smart’s Circus Tent.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He ain’t a bad player but Winks is a far better footballer ability wise and the shit he gets on this forum just imagine Rice.

We do need another DM to compete with Dier and we need a top of the range, that isn’t Rice. If it wasn’t for constant injuries I’d probably take Antonio from them, horrible to play against.
I rate him. But we have a enough sicknotes of our own.

Apparently we should be worried....
We were that bad...

I genuinely believe that if the new coaching team had been in charge since the beginning of October instead of last week that would have been 0-5.
Not saying we are superb,just acknowledging they are fucking awful.
Antonio is a good player though. He embarrassed the rest of his team with the effort he put in in such a short space of time.

Antonio is a decent player when he plays against us..The rest of the time he's cack.

But lets face it, all you have to do is play well against us to be a hero and world beater to that bunch of half heads.

I looked on a west ham forum and one poster claimed that Southgate would have been far more impressed with rice and noble than dier and winks wonder what game he was at or watching.

On the tv Joe Cole piped up at that point and said that he knew the kid. Plays football with his kid, he said.
#circlesnotloyaltypoints
I’d assumed he got in for free was only joking
As for Cole he also said noble and rice ran the show for the 1st 15 minutes the same 15 minutes when they had 22% possession he is a clueless twat

Just realised that I inadvertently broke one of my superstitions yesterday, and we still won :)
(in case you're interested, it's the one that I don't use my Spurs mug on match days..... and I had actually used both! Know what I'm going to do next weekend)

Use the Spurs mug but just put vodka in it

If only Lucas had shot when through one on one v the worst goalie in the league!!
There would have been an even bigger exodus and probably 5 or 6 nil?

I really don’t know what was going through his head at the time

Very poor

Harry has a bad miss too

The Pikeys couldn’t have complained if we’d scored 5

2-3 doesn’t reflect the game at all

I really don’t know what was going through his head at the time

Very poor

Harry has a bad miss too

The Pikeys couldn’t have complained if we’d scored 5

2-3 doesn’t reflect the game at all
To be fair I did see a bit of West ham TV and one bloke did say we should have been 3/4 up by half time, they got back into it in part due to us not shutting the good down and letting them back in Jose will stop that I'm sure of it.

Dier fries my head but he was not the reason we ended up parking the bus yesterday.

I didn't say he was the entire reason, but he's always had that "retreat retreat" mentality under pressure, where he virtually sinks back into the back line, instead of protecting it and hunting ahead of it, and still showing up for the ball, which is what a good 6/DM will do - which you refer yourself:

We could have done with a couple of players out there who could have helped us retain possession as the game wore on.

At 3-0, I was really hoping and looking forward to a proper, vintage Mourinho bus park, and maybe cutting them open a few more times on the break. But this was always an issue under Poch and it's not going to be cured in a few days by Mourinho. I really didn't understand why he didn't get Lo Celso on instead of Eriksen and then Sissoko - neither of whom are defensively tenacious or want the ball under duress, Lo Celso can offer both. He could have even brought Foyth into midfield instead of Dier or Winks and KWP instead of Sissoko for Moura for example.

Last edited:
Afternoon all...

I've only seen the motd highlights rather than the full game but have seen a couple of mentions of us playing more 'long balls' than previously. From what I have seen it looked like we were happy to play a pass that bypassed the midfield if it was on, as opposed to lumping it long looking for the knock down.

Anyone that's seen the full match confirm/deny?

Yeah, lots of red and gold and dragon heads. I used to work round the corner in Greek Street. Avoid, it’s for tourists who still believe in the old sleazy Soho. Couple of decent pubs, but it’s lost its mucky charm.
funny though..i was in the area once cos i were going to see a movie at the Prince Charles (The Princess Bride. Not Braces Faces or Schindlers Fist. and certainly not Hot Wet Sluts 4. *cough*...), anyway, saw some bloke heading into what must be one of the few walk ups left there. I were actually surprised it still goes on there

Back
Top Bottom