Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He'll never not be batshit af, lazy in tracking back and an all-round liability, but that was a cracker.

Also been consistent with balls across/into the box.

He really has all the attributes to be a top, top quality full back. Like really top drawer.

It’s just a complete lack of a brain, shown up again by that weird celebration and spit towards the crowd (whether intentional or not, was just disgusting) that will constantly let him down.

I think Mourinho is a big fan of his though and was linked with him when he was in charge of both Chelsea and United if I recall.

He was great tonight.
One of the our best players in the first half, had a hand in 3 of the goals.

I didn't think it was possible to type this next bit on a standard qwerty keyboard but.......................................

Aurier MOTM

Brilliant from Serge again. Of all Mourinho's great achievements in football, turning Serge Aurier into a decent footballer could be the greatest one of all.

He's the best RB on his day at the club, simple as that - therefore he will get a proper chance under a new manager. Whether he takes that chance long term who knows but he has some great qualities for sure.
Interesting to see if Mourinho can draw these qualities from him going forward.

Not sure if he spat or not. He did look pissed off though and I don't blame him to be honest. Must be tough - he hasn't had a massive amount of game time, he'll know he's not a fan favourite (yet), he allegedly asked to leave the club in the summer and was denied the chance. But he's clearly a very capable football player and on his day, probably close to world-class. He's rapid, strong, can pass/cross, attacks well and can defend. He's also got a massive character. Which as we've seen can also play against him.

He's just had a few rash incidents that have resulted in penalties/dangerous free kicks that have given him the reputation of being a bit erratic. Maybe Mourinho is the manager he needs. 2 games and 2 good performances so far. If he keeps this up throughout December people will be wanking over him before too long.

:levywtf:

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt with the spitting thing, it would be a really bad look if true but lets focus on a MOTM performance. I think the way we play under Jose, with the full backs not committing as far forward suits him, he is less likely to get caught out of position and his laziness in tracking back that we saw under Poch isn't as evident as he just won't go forward in the first place instead.

“If only we didn’t sell Frodo”.......
“Frodo is one of the best crossers of the ball”........

tumblr_mq6luctKP21qbo81go1_250.gif

Come on now
I’m all for seeing him improve but world class...?
Never said he was world class. I said that on his day he's probably close to world class because he has all of the attributes the best RB's in the world have. Rapid, strong, decent ball player, attacking threat and solid defensively - again. On his day.

Looks like he did it without thinking. Hope it didn't land on anyone.
Seems to me like it comes flying out of his mouth when Winks jumps up on his back. So very much a involuntary spit and you clearly see him bending down and to the side as soon as possible to avoid hitting anyone.

Back
Top Bottom