Tottenham v Bournmouth (30.11.19) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Central midfield is an issue.

Dier is a passenger and N'dombele isn't far off that defensively at least.

We dont have many options so I'd bring dier off for winks.

Whilst were struggling to get dier upto speed wouldn't it be lovely to see skipp get a chance wouldn't it?

Dier looks okay to me. He is doing okay defending. That’s why Jose put him there.

I don't know why we are so defensive and passive against Bournemouth at home; Lo Celso and Lucas on for Dier and Ndombele/Sissoko.

Ndombele doesn’t seem himself, isn’t sprinting for anything, just jogging leisurely.

big second half inbound, think this is a great game to bring Lo celso on.
That is being himself, unfortunately.
But towards the end of the half he made a couple of good plays.
Doesn't seem like the defenders want to pass to him if they can avoid it.

Dier can't keep justifying his selection if he continues like this. You can accept someone being limited technically if they are great off the ball, closing down and tackling but he offers neither. Too immobile to get near opposition and offers nothing on the ball. I guess the only thing he has is size which can be useful on set pieces but it's not enough.

Winks or Lo Celso in his place and we would really control games.

Other than that I think we're playing well. Jan has looked good as has Sissoko. We should have got the second so that's a bit of a worry. Imagine we'll see Winks and Lucas at some point... I'm really hoping Lo Celso gets some minutes. He could actually pick out the killer ball in so many of these breaks.

Genuinely baffled by Dier playing in midfield. I like the fella and I’d love him to do well, but he’s slow for a CB let alone a DM.

Not much point getting annoyed with him as he doesn’t have the ability to do what’s being asked of him.

Here's why that's a bullshit rule. Cook decides to leave his feet to stop the ball in and it hits his hand, he doesn't have to go down, he chooses to and because of that he has to put his hand out for balance. If you go to ground elsewhere and commit an illegal play to win the ball it's called up, so why is it any different in that situation? He's made the choice to go down, he should have to live with the circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom