Messi - The greatest player ever?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The debate will always rage on between Messi and Ronaldo but the way Ronaldo applies himself in his training and recovery I wonder how long he will play at the top level and if Messi can match that.
To me they are both unbelievable players but with Messi it’s all about just sheer natural talent and Ronaldo has taken what he has and improved himself to dizzying heights with sheer hard work and application.
Both to be admired in their own ways.

WELP.

Looks like someone doctored the votes. Multiple captains, coaches and official have come out claiming that their votes have been changed from what they originally voted for to Messi.

Example:

Mo Salah, Egypt Fall Out Again After Vote in FIFA The Best Awards Goes Astray
Egypt's vote was missing from the final count in FIFA The Best Awards, which took place in Milan on Monday.
UPDATED ON: SEPTEMBER 25, 2019, 9:41 PM IST

Cairo: Egypt's football association has asked FIFA for clarification after its vote for national icon Mohamed Salah was dropped from the final tally for the world's best player award.

The results are based on the votes of national coaches, team captains and members of the press in selecting their top three players of the year.

When FIFA released its results, Egypt was curiously absent from the final vote count.

In comments online blame was aimed at Egypt's football federation for failing to ensure Salah would be given the maximum chance in all votes, although he eventually finished fourth, 20 votes behind winner Lionel Messi. (...)

Another Ballon d'Or for the little man, but when Mahez is nominated in the top 10 you gotta just hold your hands up and shout fuck off!

Here are all of his 600 goals (na I doubt I'm gonna watch the 50min!!! it takes to show them!!

Another Ballon d'Or for the little man, but when Mahez is nominated in the top 10 you gotta just hold your hands up and shout fuck off!

Here are all of his 600 goals (na I doubt I'm gonna watch the 50min!!! it takes to show them!!

Disappointment for Virgil.....

:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:

Deserved. The award should be given to the BEST player in the World. He's been the BEST player in the World since 2009. End of.

Would Messi be that good in the PL or Bundesliga?

I think so, considering his record against the very best England and Germany have had to offer over the years in the CL.

He took us apart at Wembley. He takes everyone apart. Not all of the time, but most of the time.

Fully deserved to win this year.

Back
Top Bottom