Man Utd (A)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Google "manchester united"
Manchester United - Google Search
When the menu comes up

Click players..

Look at Maguire!!

:mourhandlaugh:
gettyimages-1141503005-1024x576.jpg

The Premier League need to develop their own streaming platform. With people paying for Skysports, BT Sport and now Amazon, it is no longer a game for all.

They need to create a service like Netflix where you can buy a membership to watch games. They could tier the memberships to include all games and highlights, just certain clubs games and so on.

Netflix currently has 158m subscribers paying for the service (according to statista.com). The PL service might not get that many, but say they did, that's £1.5bn per month, £18.9bn a calendar year if charged at £10 a month. The current TV deal is roughly £9bn for the season. They could double their profit.

Unfortunately it won't happen due to the likes of Sky and BT, but it would make the game affordable again.

The Premier League need to develop their own streaming platform. With people paying for Skysports, BT Sport and now Amazon, it is no longer a game for all.

They need to create a service like Netflix where you can buy a membership to watch games. They could tier the memberships to include all games and highlights, just certain clubs games and so on.

Netflix currently has 158m subscribers paying for the service (according to statista.com). The PL service might not get that many, but say they did, that's £1.5bn per month, £18.9bn a calendar year. The current TV deal is roughly £9bn for the season. They could double their profit.

Unfortunately it won't happen due to the likes of Sky and BT, but it would make the game affordable again.

I think the Amazon games have been a breath of fresh air, all that choice and sky should be offering it as well, they have no excuse, if Amazon can do it, they should be able to, it's not like they're poor.

I am sick of watching crappy streams because nobody is broadcasting our games.

Netflix currently has 158m subscribers paying for the service (according to statista.com). The PL service might not get that many, but say they did, that's £1.5bn per month, £18.9bn a calendar year if charged at £10 a month. The current TV deal is roughly £9bn for the season. They could double their profit.

They do this with DAZN in the US. Basically a Netflix of live sport, including premier league, la Liga, serie a etc. Even huge boxing fights you’d usually pay 25 quid for ppv. The whole service is 14 dollars I believe, would love that to come to the uk, I’d happily pay around 20 quid a month for it

I think the Amazon games have been a breath of fresh air, all that choice and sky should be offering it as well, they have no excuse, if Amazon can do it, they should be able to, it's not like they're poor.

I am sick of watching crappy streams because nobody is broadcasting our games.
The problem you have is the blackout between 2:45 and 5:15 the PL enforces. Sky cant show the 3pms because of that. But if the PL had an service, they could show it.

I've been told to get IPTV, but need more info.

Back
Top Bottom