Man Utd (A)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Basically we gave them a 'goal start' at the beginning of each half...
That's not on, 'cos it simply gave us a mountain to climb... TWICE!

Pissed up. Pissed off
Quick shout out to the travelling Spurs fans who sounded fucking amazing from where I was sat across from you. There were a few of us dotted round the Alex Ferguson stand and two of the funniest lads sat behind us.
That said, we were fucking dung tonight.
Rashford absolutely terrorised our defence all game.
Awful united side. Definitely there for the taking. We fluffed our lines horribly.
Norman Whiteside is post match entertainment . And he’s absolutely fucking hammered.

Got to get Ndombele playing. Even if he can’t play 90 minutes get him out there for as long as possible. Lo Celso needs a chance as well. We have 1 of the best strikers in Kane & create very few chances for him. Frustrating tonight.

The rose glasses that people view Sissoko with really needs to stop right now. “He puts a great shift in”. Absolute grade A dung. He’s useless and has no business starting at central midfield in any team who have aspirations of being successful.

Any of his fans come at me.

I feel I watched a different game. I understand you fuming about a soft penalty, but Sissoko did his job well AND played RB to cover up for Aurier and provide support against Rashford.

I'll tell you what, it reminded me of Pochettino's late days, which would suggest the malaise goes deeper than the manager.

It's saying something that our MotM may well have been Gazza, despite his softness in the early goal.

Sissoko was piss poor, Winks not much better. Lucas was invisible, Sonny off the game. Dele sort of gets a pass for his golazo but beyond that, meh
You know, I wanted to write something about how I see this game: you have said everything in your post, word for word

Doesn’t blame Sissoko, quite clear: it’s whoever let Rashford go (which may well have been Sissoko - I daren’t re-watch it)

Serge... But I also thought that Sissoko had enough time to make a challenge before entering the box..... Even if that challenge would have been a foul.

MF. is definitely the issue, no doubt. We needed another body in there, but who would you drop deeper, or out, of the front 4 to make way? Same problem Poch had: let’s hope that Mourinho has the worldly wisdom to solve it.
And this is a very good point that many are missing. In order to 'get the best out of Dele' you have to weaken the MF or drop your most dynamic attacker in Sonny or move him right and drop Moura. But Dele isn't as productive with a FB mark because unlike Sonny he's less of a takeon threat.

Sissoko has to be sidelined, he effectively lost us that game with his stupid amateur tackle on Rashford giving away the penalty.

It wasn’t a penalty and Rashford totally skinned Aurier just prior to Sissoko clumsy challenge which didn’t make contact

The rose glasses that people view Sissoko with really needs to stop right now. “He puts a great shift in”. Absolute grade A dung. He’s useless and has no business starting at central midfield in any team who have aspirations of being successful.

Any of his fans come at me.
He should have played in the same position as the previous game instead of Lucas. But it also doesnt help that we have one of our worst players in Winks playing in CM as well. Really hope Jose wakes up and realizes just how shit winks is. It cost Poch his job and will possibly cost Mourinho his if he keeps giving chances to winks in the middle.

What tactic is Mourinho even trying. Looks like possession long ball?!
How can we expect to play this dross without drawing them in and hitting over the top. Baffled. Kane our best midfielder today.

Back
Top Bottom