Wolves v Tottenham Hotspur (15/12/19) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good defending isn’t 90 minutes of desperate last ditch interventions and crosses flying into your box. And you can still defend well and play decent football through midfield.

I have no problem with us sitting deeper and being more pragmatic, especially when defending a lead away at a decent team, but that was just desperate stuff, and keeping that narrow shape in midfield against their kind of 343 with two non footballers in midfield just invited constant pressure and meant we couldn’t play out from it or transition on the counter either.
Yes, agreed in an ideal world. But without putting youth out there to be taught a hard lesson, what could have been done to build the momentum through midfield?

Wolves good corners and enough of them but we coped well.
Looked much more solid at the back, tbh. I know a lot was ‘last ditch’, but I’m not sure credit is being given for how quickly and effectively Wolves moved the ball + they pressed heavily.

They will have felt that game more than we did: we still had some energy left at the end.

At Reykjavik airport waiting for flight back to Blighty.
Thought we ground that one out. A very good result indeed.
Er indoors doing the duty free shop.
Arse game on TV.
Drinking massively overpriced lager
Fucking lovely.

"Woolwich have not lost a top flight home match by more than a three-goal margin since a 5-1 defeat against Wolves on 22 April 1961. "

4208444.jpg

The whinest bunch in the Premier League, incredible achievement in a division that also has Liverpool, Leicester and Man United fans.

They’re close but you just can’t get more whiny fans than Scousers
Red just shade it from blue

Hate the cunts

Wolves Forums Links

Apparently we’ve always been dirty divers but have gotten worse under Mourinho

:mourpointlaugh:

Hairy’s Post Match Thoughts

1. A brilliant but ugly win. Desperate defending kept us out of the fire.

2. Possession was at a premium. Countless passes to absolutely no one. Hit and hope. Very difficult to watch.

3. Verts on the wing doesn’t work. He’s way too slow. His best attribute is tackling, and with the rules today, it’s just too risky.

4. Gazz MOTM for me, someone had to get it.

5. No subs till about the end? We we’re getting pounded. Jose needed to mix it up and gain a little possession. Easier said than done with a thin bench. Would of liked to see Winks earlier.

6. Are we a defend and counter squad now, or had no choice today? That style is just not in the DNA of Harry, Lucas, Son and the likes.

7. Lucas is brilliantly inconsistent, but he definitely deserves a starting spot.

8. Fifth place baby and Chelsea is falling apart at the seams!

Back
Top Bottom