Spurs vs Chavs Match Thread (22/12/19 @ 4:30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we can all come to the conclusion that if someone is doing racist chants they should be banned for life, I’m sure we have racist fans , as sadly it’s a part of life and our society still suffers from racism, but I’m also a believer in the need of evidence to back up the acquisitions, I’m sure the player wouldn’t have made it up but I hope if he has misheard something he is big enough to come out and apologise , and if it did get proven that he did hear racist songs from our fans amongst the boos then ban them for life

That was a horrendous performance. The only player that did anything to improve his standing was Ndombele.

Eriksen still can't take more than 1 good corner in 10.

The stadium was eerily quiet for long stretches. The amount of people on their phones, taking selfies and eating a picnic instead of cheering on the team was embarrassing.

Sanchez did ok especially 2nd half

But still fuming and motd soon!!

You seem to attribute everything good that any of our players do as down to Eriksen.

Little bit of a leap there pal.

I should know better than to engage in measured and reasoned debate on here straight after a shocking performance like that.

Emotions running far too high.

Peace out.

Lifted from the football supporters association website...

Apparently we can ban whoever we like without showing due process.

Clubs have the legal right to ban whoever they like (so long as they don't break equality laws). But surely there must be adequate appeals processes in place for fans who feel they've been unfairly treated? Not always, and different clubs handle things in very different ways, says the FSF's Amanda Jacks...

It’s rare for a football club to operate any type of “due process” when banning supporters from their ground. We’ve heard from fans banned for all manner of reasons and, in our experience, it can take considerable time to get their bans lifted.

We recognise that clubs have every right to refuse admission to supporters but feel such a drastic step should only be taken after both sides have been heard - a transparent banning process that gives a supporter the chance to have their say.

Even when a Football Banning Order has not been handed out, or a fan has been acquitted by the courts, clubs sometimes choose to ban fans from their stadium. Is this reasonable? The majority of clubs offer no processes or procedures acting as judge, jury and executioner, which leaves fans at the whim of the club Safety Officer who is often behind such decisions.

Thanks to ticket Terms & Conditions supporters have no right to a refund for games missed if they are season ticket holders meaning, effectively, clubs are imposing a financial penalty as well as depriving the supporter of the ability to support his or her team.

Supporters often tell us they’ve been banned because of a complaint but when they try to get further information, confidentiality is cited (often wrongfully) meaning no defence can be made against unknown accusations. How is that fair?

A neutral's perspective on today's game. I thought that you were comfortably outplayed by Chelsea. Given their recent form, I felt that you were going to win. Not sure how you can turn this around. You are obviously a big club and have come along way under the shrewd management of Poch, but I've always felt that there is some sort of negative psychological response from your players when things start to go wrong. It's almost inevitable that you will lose - why is this? In terms of your players, I've said previously on this forum that Ericksen is key for you - although I appreciate that many of you do not like him and he will be leaving. Without him, you lack creativity and the supply line to Kane is cut off. Kane is obivously a great goalscorer, but if he gets no service e tends to go missing in games.

You really should be challenging for a top four finish, particularly with your North London rivals being in such a mess as are Man Utd. Based on today's performance, I'm not sure you will get there - sorry.

After settling down a bit after that disappointment, i can say im sure we will bounce back against brighton.

Im always gonna back our manager, but we saw more or less the same performance against united, where i was waiting and hoping for a bit of tactical magic from start to finish, but it never came which makes it even more frustrating to take. The lads didnt do themselves any favours though with how lacklustre they were. They simply didnt turn up.

Gonna have to put it down to yet another bad day at the office. Bring on brighton and give young Sessengnon or Lo celso a go.

Coys!

Typical overraction from the media (on BBC) this time who love spinning a narrative after the chavs win.

Now they're calling it a Lampard tactical masterclass - FFS it's one game and while I'll credit him with setting them up right, that was honestly one of the worst home performances in living memory and if we'd been even 50% better today we could have got something.

This is a team that lost to West Ham and Bournemouth - didnt see them running an article about how Pellegrini or Howe had a tactical masterclass over Lampard.

Typical media bollocks

If Rudiger allegedly heard racist abuse directed at him in a 60k capacity stadium did no one else here it?

Im on my way home. Was at the game. Was i. The East Stand never heard any racist comments. Was too far from the south stand to know for sure but I suspect its bullshit.

We deserved to lose by multiple goals to nil.

Pains me to even discuss it - but there were things from today's performance which were worryingly similar to that spineless performance we put in at Old Trafford recently.

We rarely put in good performances against teams of a 'higher' status in the league now.

City was terrible. Deserved to lose 4-0 but took our point.
Woolwich we threw away a 2-0 to end up 2-2, against a shit Woolwich side.
Leicester beat us at their place 2-1 I think
Liverpool breezed past us
United, terrible team in terrible form manage to beat us with shit results either side of us.
Chelsea in shit form with a bunch of kids made our stadium more like their home ground.

The only positive is that all of those games were away (I think?) except Chelsea.

Worrying thing is I expect all those teams above will be looking to come to our new stadium to pick up 3 points, with about as much resistance as we showed today.

So thoroughly and bitterly disappointed.

To the people that regularly attended WHL and the new stadium.
Can you honestly say you've never heard any sort of racist comments being made?
I did/do not even attend regularly and I certainly have.

Been a season ticket holder for 12 years and not once have I heard racist abuse. Not saying it hasn't happened but to call the problem "rife" as the PFA are is ludicrous.

Would be really great to see some evidence though wouldn't it? Surely that would shut up us 'racism apologists' wouldn't it?

You really are clueless aren’t you.. If you were a Spurs fan you’d know what that chant was.. oh dear.
I am hoping that one day you'll understand that it's no longer okay to sing chants that sound like 'monkey noises', especially when you're taunting a person of colour, as your video shows.

Back
Top Bottom