So it turns out Poch was right

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Okay so

Poch gets this team into finals with no budget ahead of teams that have pumped in cash.

When we lose it's his fault for not having us punch above our weight enough. Right.

Poch didn't have the players! Fact. And it's still a fact even if you don't like the empty trophy cabinet jokes.

He prioritised the league and CL. I don't know how many times Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 has explained that regular top 4 finishes result in more trophies eventually.
In 10, 20, 50, 100 years? We did win the Audi cup I suppose.

With proper backing he could play Son at left back again or keep playing the same awful formation over and over. Come one now.

When one fails so often while others win with far faaaar less then it ceases to be an anomaly and becomes a trend.

No extra funding would of made up for his own tactical mistakes .
Playing Kane in the final when he was obviously out of it.
Playing Winks and Sissoko over and over.
Late sub after late sub.
Loosing 7-2 to Bayern.
26 wins from 25 games we aren't a newly promoted side.
Winning nothing.

Winning nothing.

Winning nothing.

The Poch myth must end.
Well now we'll win nothing AND probably end up outside the top 4, how does that work out for you?

"Without Dembele, we do not exist"

Our record in the league once Dembele was sold:

Played: 37
Won: 15
Drawn: 8
Lost: 14
Win percentage: 40%

Losses against:

Man Utd
Burnley
Chelsea x2
Southampton x2
Liverpool x2
Man City
West Ham
Bournemouth
Newcastle
Leicester
Brighton

Previous three and a half seasons with Dembele starting:

Played: 79
Won: 47
Drawn: 20
Lost: 12
Win Percentage: 60%

Losses against:

Man Utd x2
Chelsea x2
Liverpool x2
Woolwich
Leicester
Man City x3
Watford

Biggest problem we always seemed to have without Dembele was that if we were pressed, it was quite likely we'd be got at. Often when under pressure in games we'd simply give the ball to Dembele and he'd manage to get out of that pressure and we'd be on our way, and we could do this numerous times.

Of course a bit of this is tongue and cheek but the quote from Poch always stuck with me because WE all knew when Dembele was retiring or moved on, we'd have to rebuild... Yet it took a few years to even attempt to find his heir.

I think if we can get him fit, Ndombele will be just as important to us but man we need to get invest in this squad

With proper backing he could play Son at left back again or keep playing the same awful formation over and over. Come one now.

When one fails so often while others win with far faaaar less then it ceases to be an anomaly and becomes a trend.

No extra funding would of made up for his own tactical mistakes .
Playing Kane in the final when he was obviously out of it.
Playing Winks and Sissoko over and over.
Late sub after late sub.
Loosing 7-2 to Bayern.
26 wins from 25 games we aren't a newly promoted side.
Winning nothing.

Winning nothing.

Winning nothing.

The Poch myth must end.
Yeah let's assume Poch would be one of the only managers in history to perform less well with more money

You're arguments are too superficial

With money we have an appropriate squad. Maybe Kane doesn't have to play as many games, maybe we have another LB.

Yeah we could also not improve or even do worse but that's daft to assume since Poch HAS overachieved with a shite budget more than once.
Following your logic no manager should be given money.

It's like preventing mercedes from being able to upgrade their cars then callling lewis hamilton a nearly man with a losers mentality. Ridiculous

This is the consequence of years of under-investment in the transfer windows and the myopic naive idea that older players will stay on the same level.

Poch, Mourinho, Pep, whoever - result won’t be much different

You can’t polish a turd

ENIC is the common denominator in all these failures

Last edited:
Okay so

Poch gets this team into finals with no budget ahead of teams that have pumped in cash.

When we lose it's his fault for not having us punch above our weight enough. Right.

Poch didn't have the players! Fact. And it's still a fact even if you don't like the empty trophy cabinet jokes.

He prioritised the league and CL. I don't know how many times Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 has explained that regular top 4 finishes result in more trophies eventually.

We lucked our way into the CL final.

His last 9 months we played relegation form he deserved to be sacked. He had his issues as a manager and he didn't have the heart for another rebuild. And we didn't punch above our weight we had one of the best 4 squads in the league and rightly finished top 4.

I agree however Levy needs to take blame also we needed to start the rebuild last year agreed and to many of these players don't deserve to be here. There attitude is obviously wrong and I pray mou can be ruthless where Poch obviously could not

Of course Poch was right. But then why did he keep playing Rose? And Toby? And Eriksen? He didn’t seem that bothered about actually carrying out the rebuild.

He lost his appetite for the project and it was best to part ways. A different manager will still have to face the same problems but will hopefully be ready to attack them.

You start so well then end silly.

He worked mircales for half a decade. He wasn't backed. Don't blame him for not being able to milk even more out (at unprecedented levels).
He was part of the problem. Wasn't Poch the same guy who thought that Trippier was good enough, then thought Aurier was good enough, when it was clear as day that both were absolute shite? Wasn't Poch the same guy that decided to pursue Dybala all summer long, when clearly we needed to strengthen the GK, DM and RB positions? I love Poch, but he clearly made some stupid decisions in trusting some players, and that stubborness is what ultimately sacked him.

We lucked our way into the CL final.

His last 9 months we played relegation form he deserved to be sacked. He had his issues as a manager and he didn't have the heart for another rebuild. And we didn't punch above our weight we had one of the best 4 squads in the league and rightly finished top 4.

I agree however Levy needs to take blame also we needed to start the rebuild last year agreed and to many of these players don't deserve to be here. There attitude is obviously wrong and I pray mou can be ruthless where Poch obviously could not
His last 9 months were with a dying underinvested squad though!

We did punch above our weight we are the 6th richest team in the league.

Why is it Poch's fault we did not rebuild? He cried out for it and said we had to be brave!
Wtf. Levy is on some mind control shit I swear

You’re absolutely correct and I’ve never doubted you for a minute

No wonder you got your own thread
Thoroughly deserved and we should all take heed of you in future
Out of interest, if things don't improve under Jose, or indeed get worse, will you finally acknowledge the problem lies with ENIC, and that you made a complete fool of yourself when calling Pochettino a cunt and a fraud?

He was part of the problem. Wasn't Poch the same guy who thought that Trippier was good enough, then thought Aurier was good enough, when it was clear as day that both were absolute shite? Wasn't Poch the same guy that decided to pursue Dybala all summer long, when clearly we needed to strengthen the GK, DM and RB positions? I love Poch, but he clearly made some stupid decisions in trusting some players, and that stubborness is what ultimately sacked him.
Trippier was a liability often

Aurier is often too tbf. But let's be fair, many managers get a bunch of flops they're allowed in the bank. With us we sign so little that Poch is not afforded that luxury.

I don't understand how on earth you can believe that Poch was responsible for us not signing enough when he spent almost 2 years being moody in the media about not being able to sign. Unreal

Cant we buy a GK, DM and RB as well. Poch is the manager not the Chairman, it’s not Poch’s fault for lack of investment, he doesn’t run the books.

I think these players are burned out from Poch's stupid training methods.
That excuse can only go on so long. After 6 weeks they should be used to the new methods.

I think they are players in a comfort zone of being very well paid and whose big cup final is top 4 in the league.

His last 9 months were with a dying underinvested squad though!

We did punch above our weight we are the 6th richest team in the league.

Why is it Poch's fault we did not rebuild? He cried out for it and said we had to be brave!
Wtf. Levy is on some mind control shit I swear

Yes but he didn't have to keep making the same mistakes, he continued playing Ali, Eriksen Winks, Rose, Toby and Vert. Despite them all under performing never rotated the squad flogged Harry until he broke numerous times.

We bought Ndombele and Lo Celso to rebuild the midfield and he still continued with his favs. He was with these players a long time and was to close to them IMO. He didn't have the guts to do what needed to be done and call Dele out fuck Eriksen off drop Sissoko and Winks, because we was to close.

I just pray Mou doesn't do the same and sees players like Ali and others for what they are, unmotivated and overrated pee Madonna's who have had it to easy for to long. And that Levy also realises that this is part his fault and opens the bank and we re fresh it all. It's to stale ATM but Poch was a big part of that also not just Levy. He didn't reward form picked certain players no matter what and fucked others who where not his boys so to say.

Back
Top Bottom