FA Cup 3rd Rd - Middlesbrough F.C. Vs Tottenham, Sun 5th Jan.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe, or maybe Poch was too picky with signings when the squad really needed some new faces, if you believe the whispers it was Frenkie de Jong or no-one in his eyes.

And I don't see how building a squad for 5 years then having a hissy fit and saying you need an overhaul looks good in his favour???

It doesn't look good. But do you really think, he didn't want any players for 2 or 3 windows (don't even remember how long our transfer ban was)? I think our stadium project had an impact on incomings.

Don't write off the diamond as a system, it's still working for some. Pressing doesn't have to be an issue. The Dippers are very successful.

This is tiresome.

It wasn't, and never did work for us.

Go back to the first post of our exchange (the one I dissagreed with)... You made some horseshit claim that everything was rosey under Poch and you're refusing to attribute ANY responsibility to him for how bad we've been playing.

I agree Rose has become shit, but not as early as a lot of other ppl think. Don't remember the Toby/Sancez competition.

Whilst Toby had his big injury Sanchez (*) & Jan formed a formidable partnership. Go research what followed in terms of Toby's form, contract dispute and how Dav had been marginalized ever since. Ditto Davies/Rose.

(*Side note... 40m spent to develope our future CB stalwart. Peeps complain about no investment, but Poch equally clung to the old guard.)

I'm pretty sure Foyth would've been RB going into the season if he hadn't got injured. Go and look at the Trippier thread around the time of the last games of the season. According to ppl here he wouldn't cut it as a Championship player.

Fan opinion of KT in this scenario is irrelevant.... Poch called the shots.

Poch is not Teflon, mate... Get real.

Last edited:
I’m starting to think our attack (Dele, Son, Moura) might be just as big of a problem as the midfield and defence.

the amount of poor touches, misplaced passes, lack of creative movement and cohesion must be frustrating for the players behind them.

This is tiresome.

It wasn't, and never did work for us.

Go back to the first post of our exchange (the one I dissagreed with)... You made some horseshit claim that everything was rosey under Poch and you're refusing to attribute ANY responsibility to him for how bad we've been playing.

Whilst Toby had his big injury Sanchez (*) & Jan formed a formidable partnership. Go research what followed in terms of Toby's form, contract dispute and how Dav had been marginalized ever since. Ditto Davies/Rose.

(*Side note... 40m spent to develope our future CB stalwart. Peeps complain about no investment, but Poch equally clung to the old guard.)

Fan opinion of KT in this scenario is irrelevant.... Poch called the shots.

Poch is not Teflon, mate... Get real.

That's bullshit. I said I didn't mind us changing manager at the time, cos Poch wasn't showing results. But I NEVER wanted Mourinho "save" us.

Playing 23 Prl games and 8 Chl games last season is hardly writing Sanchez off.

Depends... If the lines are drawn as per a deceptive camera angle then not. As far as I know, that's very much perceived as part of the bigger VAR debate atm. Much like arms and shoulders currently being measured from a skewed perspective against a drawn line at pitch level
I think we can assume (well at least, I can) that the boffins can do their measurements correctly and draw those VAR reference lines perpendicular to the touchline. This takes out angles and the sideways perspective. If they can't then there's no hope for VAR.

The arms/shoulder debate is a separate one where the body parts (and which one is chosen) are referenced against the perpendicular lines.

Well the worst did not happen out of the Cup at first hurdle. Jose showed the difference in approach to F A cup to Poch by playing the strongest available team. We had the most possession we have had for a while and should really have won it. Having said that cannot be happy/confident about the future. Really dreading the Liverpool match. They rested all of their top players and still won. Whilst I did not want Parrot to start, thought he should have come on towards the end to allow us to hump the ball up to him to see if he could create anything. Hopefully Lo Celso and Lamela now fit enough to start. Son a disappointment.

Dier has his left foot in the lighter green strip. Their forward is in the darker shade. Anyway it’s certainly not clear from that picture.
The lines are very poor reference points as there's no guarantee they're straight. The line they're standing on looks like there's a kink in it. The 'boro player looks onside to me.

Where? Point me to where I did that? I have done no such thing whatsoever. I said that if Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 is right and Jose is past it then it's the board that hired him so they should be blamed for the failure.

I still think it's too early to judge and I still think he was the right hire as things stand.

Can't find the post in question, but I'm happy to conceed I'd misinterpretted it given the underlined statement.

I also completely disagree with your last paragraph, you can't keep looking at the past and saying "look at what we used to be like and where we are now, we should be grateful".....

That's not what I'm doing tho'... It's not making excuses. I'm simply highlighting that the club has experienced steady growth under their ownership against a backdrop of radical financial doping by two teams in our league whilst also coming up against other notably richer teams.

Most of the criticism against ENIC is how much they spend on players; yet winning a battle of the cheque-books against 5 richer clubs is an awfully big ask and to outright expect success in the form of trophies given that landscape is to deny the circumstances of the league we compete in.

I've taken so much enjoyment and pride from our club over the last 15 years.... It seems sad to me that a section of our fanbase have spent to bulk of that time pissing and moaning; claiming things to be "unacceptable", "embarrassing" and such.

Last edited:
These 3 players could be some of our best in the near future. I'm just concerned where they'll end under Mourinho.

Don't know if he's ever lost a final, but sure thing, he won't lose one with us

No.... Not a sure thing. Just your loaded pre-conceptions about our future.

Back
Top Bottom