Tottenham Vs Liverpool - Sat 11th Jan 2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That didn’t look good after 90 seconds as they tore through us. But we weren’t battered and had a few good performances. Especially at the back. Much better than I expected, although was bored as fuck.

1. Much much improved performance.
2. Clear plan from Jose which almost paid off (noticed their defence is as prone to errors as most, for example).
3. Last 20 minutes - the space and the options - aren’t possible without the attrition of the first 70 minutes.
4. Put Kane in that team and we win some knockdowns and win the game.
5. We need Coco and GLC in the team, but not sure they cover the same ground and are quite as irritating to play against as Dele.
6. Eriksen is done and needs to be dropped for one of Érik or GLC.
7. Rose gets a bye ‘cos he’s worked hard in the past and is now clearly going to be number 2 behind Davies - squad player until he leaves.

3 minutes stoppage was laughable, even when he stretched it for 4 it was due to Salad walking off like a thief in the night with a broken ankle

In the end, much better performance than I feared. I think Eriksen and Alli need to ask themselves some questions, Son off the target a bit, but very well done to Tanganga for his performance today in testing circumstances.

Moura FANTASTIC.

I say this with no pride, but best performance for a long while....

Now we need players Levy !

Much better 2nd half especially when Eriksen and Rose were replaced both of whom were horrendous. Tanganga was superb as was Sanchez. Need to play Lamela and Lo Celso from the start on Tuesday and we need a striker ASAP and we need to move on Eriksen and Rose this window

Played well i thought, especially after the changes. Had the chances to put at least one away (lo celso chance), but again, we couldnt do it when it matters.

Lost to a liVARpool decision which should have gone our way, which stings a bit.

Young Tanganga looks positive. He will only progress.

Lucas probably our best attacking player today, quick feet.. but sadly end product not there.

We move on to next game with positive signs. COYS

They gave us the runaround but we didn't wilt and in the end as they tired we didn't look too bad and could have nicked a draw.
We are not gonna face many other good teams this season in the EPL so..onwards and upwards.

3 minutes stoppage was laughable, even when he stretched it for 4 it was due to Salad walking off like a thief in the night with a broken ankle

In the end, much better performance than I feared. I think Eriksen and Alli need to ask themselves some questions, Son off the target a bit, but very well done to Tanganga for his performance today in testing circumstances.

Moura FANTASTIC.

I say this with no pride, but best performance for a long while....

Now we need players Levy !

Agree, we see glimpses of what can Jose do if he gets players. But Moura needs to see a pass sometimes, Son as well.

Son like most of our players not up to it against the better sides. Burnley or Crystal Palace at home they’ll do fine for you.
Don’t think it’s down to the sides it’s just he is pretty inconsistent! Still it wasn’t meant to be but at least we didn’t embarrassed ourselves , I am looking at the positives from tonight !

he wasn’t our worst I agree but our top three for me were GLC Yaphet Coco
too many passengers though but encouraged by today’s performance especially in the second half
Aurier made that goal for GLC who missed from 2 yards.

Todays performance was much better, I agree. A back 4 of Aurier, Tanganga Sanchez and Sess for next match, I hope and an extra man in midfield.

Back
Top Bottom