Tottenham Vs Liverpool - Sat 11th Jan 2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm a bit more hopeful now...Mourinho got a full week of training into them and the defensive end of things has improved no end...
He's definetely not lost it, that's for sure. He needs to be more ruthless though.

In the ground you wouldn't know there fans was there today if you couldn't physically see them ,as bad as city last year

Jose has to take his share of the blame there. If you don’t play your best team especially against a team who have just set a new all time record for the best start to a top flight season EVER then expect to get beat. I think we will learn a lot from Jose’s next Premier League selection because a repeat of that starting line up will be impossible to understand

Aurier made that goal for GLC who missed from 2 yards.

Todays performance was much better, I agree. A back 4 of Aurier, Tanganga Sanchez and Sess for next match, I hope and an extra man in midfield.

when I said earlier that Jose has to get ruthless I’m referring to Rose CE Dele Winks
if fit GLC and Coco got to start along with Sess and hopefully Tanguay can get back soon

As I said prematch, eriksen winks rose alli have less fight than a tampon. Lamela actually cares and always throws himself about. Him and glc completely changed the game and amazingly we should have won 2 1 in the end. Sadly, that incorrect team selection early doors cost us.

I never want to see those cunts eriksen and rose wear our shirt ever again. 9pts behind Chelsea. Just going to be happy when the season is over. At least we showed some positives. I just want Jose to pick our best players and for them to be given a consistent run now. As long as we don't get relegated I'll be happy. And let's be honest, on our current form that would probably be not totally out of the question .

Relegation?...

Give over.

He's playing the wrong players and his boring tactics are killing the players joy
I accept Dele and Eriksen shouldn’t start......I’m probably the one person who’s been saying that for over two years mate.

And I’m pissed off he made the changes too late.

But he made them and changed the game. Tanganga also started....was that wrong?
We lost to Liverpool and have massive injuries, and were unlucky to not at least grab a point.

Save your despair for a shit fest against a crap team at least

Really happy with Tanganga and Sanchez.

Such a shame Lamela and Son didn't take their chances. Against other teams they surely take them - I think teams just snatch at chances against a side playing with such momentum.

We wanted to let them have possession and I do think tactically we got this right given the players at our disposal.

Eriksen man... I'm beyond getting angry at him now. It just makes me sad, and hope this move to Inter materialises sooner rather than later.

I'm not Mouras biggest fan and am often critical of him - but fair play to him today. He got in good positions, kept the ball moving forward, and although never really threatened to score - this is the kind of performance I hope to see more of from him. Not just his good games being defined by scoring. He seemed aware of the game going on around him which made for a nice change.

Wasn't happy with their persistent deliberate fouls from behind. It worked and they got away with them. For me I felt a couple of yellows should have been given out to prevent them from continuing it. All they while they aren't booked for them, they have the freedom to continue making them.

This is probably the result most expected, though I'm sure as the game went on we all felt taking a point would have been at least fair.

Still there were more positives than we have seen recently. I'm not as gutted by defeats as I used to be which isn't a great mental state to have.
Onwards we go. FA Cup and Champions League double is on!

Put him on the bench.
Sure, but that doesn't help us get the old Dele back. Maybe it is gone forever but I just don't believe that talent just disappears like that.

He is so far off the pace and quality we need that he doesn't deserve that starting spot, I agree. That being said selling him just may give a quality player that is just have a confidence crisis to someone else, and he could snap out of it.

It isn't like Dele is a player that hasn't ever shown his quality.

Mourinho is a fucking dick.
Should have had GLC and Lamela from the start.
70 mins long ball shit ,then for the last 20mins we were the better team.
In the words of Luke Skywalker

“Amazing, every word you just said is wrong”

COYS & keep the faith (god knows I don’t do what I preach)

Back
Top Bottom