Japhet Tanganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What a great start he's had against really difficult opposition.

One good thing he has in common with Sanchez - Quickly sees danger and tries to stop it early .
One better thing he has than our other defenders..his heading. He heads it either very very far away from danger or heads it down to someone in a safer position instead of nonsense weak headers like Toby's.

*Edit: And Robertson...what a cunt.

What a great start he's had against really difficult opposition.

One good thing he has in common with Sanchez - Quickly sees danger and tries to stop it early .
One better thing he has than our other defenders..his heading. He heads it either very very far away from danger or heads it down to someone in a safer position instead of nonsense weak headers like Toby's.

*Edit: And Robertson...what a cunt.

What a debut!

After the first half I found myself thinking, maybe our CB tandem of the future is on the pitch as we speak!

Tangana and Sanchez are both physical and pacy. Add a calm and cool DM with good ball skills and we could have something special brewing.

Weird how so much better he looks in comparison to say...Juan Foyth for his first game against a massive side.

Looks like he should have had a chance earlier tbh. A real positive, glad to see Jose backing up what he said in the first training session.

What’s the contract situation with him? He looked class yesterday for a youngster on debut. The tackle on him looks more shocking each time I see it. How the hell that wasn’t a VAR red card is beyond me.

A rare positive for the club. JT looked fairly unfazed, competent and even comfortable at times playing against the best side around.

Coming in for a debut vs LFC couldn’t be any more daunting and he did himself and the club proud. Was well pleased to see him in the starting line up and have been hoping he’d break through at some stage this season.

Good in the air, pace, intelligence in sensing & seeing danger. Love it - proper defending

Just seen his post match interview and Japhet is more intelligent than he looks and he seems to have a decent attitude as well. Pleased about that.
I saw him play as an 18 year old and he certainly stood out for me.

Just seen his post match interview and Japhet is more intelligent than he looks and he seems to have a decent attitude as well. Pleased about that.
I saw him play as an 18 year old and he certainly stood out for me.

What about his looks would make you think he wasn’t smart or that he had a bad attitude?

Back
Top Bottom