Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Alright Chris, clean slate tomorrow - if he plays well and contributes, fair enough*

*The SECOND he hits a set-piece into the first man, I am losing my fucking shit.

No bids.. not surprised! the footballing world has seen your form.

Time to suck it up and put in a shift.

and beat the first man from corners.. and win a 50/50

No bids.. not surprised! the footballing world has seen your form.

Time to suck it up and put in a shift.

and beat the first man from corners.. and win a 50/50
giphy.gif

I understand that we are so bad in the midfield that even an astral projection of Eriksen is deemed good enough to start, but this situation is just bizarre. It‘s not really fair on Eriksen to expect him to perform in these circumstances. He could be literally hours away from a transfer.

I understand that we are so bad in the midfield that even an astral projection of Eriksen is deemed good enough to start, but this situation is just bizarre. It‘s not really fair on Eriksen to expect him to perform in these circumstances. He could be literally hours away from a transfer.

It’s gamesmanship. Every game is a risk he could get injured to force their hand. Obviously he’s unlikely to get injured playing at 12%.

Against Boro he was in a position to score at least twice and bottled shooting. What the fuck.

It’s gamesmanship. Every game is a risk he could get injured to force their hand. Obviously he’s unlikely to get injured playing at 12%.

Against Boro he was in a position to score at least twice and bottled shooting. What the fuck.

I think he did have one shot but it was the kind of pea roller straight to the keeper that I see in my daughter’s under 10s matches every weekend

Wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up signing a new contract with Spurs when he realizes no other club will want to pay him anything.

That would really send this place into a rage.

He just wants a change, he’s been here for 7 years.

I think he’s had to accept that he is not good enough to play for a truly elite club and Inter is probably the best level he can hope for.
Or just accepted the fact that the one's he wanted just didn't come in for him, but he's made his bed and now he has to leave.

I've no hatred for him and while he has been below par for a long time there has been literally no-one who has stepped up.

The word is that the deal is done - between Inter and Eriksen - and we are just gradually forcing the price up. 17m now the figure being talked about ...

In the meantime Mourinho is giving Inter the finger by saying, he's my player and I'll play him until he breaks or you buy him.

Fact is even at 75% Eriksen is still a very good player, and it's not as if we have a bench full of fit options ... my guess is next week, but why not wait another 13 days wouldn't you for an extra few million?

Back
Top Bottom