Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Best way to describe him I feel is an enigma.

So much talent but seems to be a day dreamer at times.

I have no doubt Mourinho will see him as integral to any success he may achieve whilst he is with us.

I think you’re confusing me with someone else.

Yes, sorry. You're quite right.

I was confusing you with BangkokSpud.

I was disagreeing with Phil Neville's comments that Dele is playing at his best and is the one driving the team forward, BangkokSpud replies by saying:

'If you can't see that Dele is slowly stepping up his game you're just not paying attention'...

which isn't relevant to the point I was making.

Best way to describe him I feel is an enigma.

So much talent but seems to be a day dreamer at times.

I have no doubt Mourinho will see him as integral to any success he may achieve whilst he is with us.

In sport, I've always felt that the word 'enigma' is a euphemism for 'lazy' and I think that applies here.

I get the impression that Dele thinks he's a mercurial talent who can turn a game on its head in an instant, a flick here, a flick there and his job is done - meaning he doesn't have to do much the rest of the time.

It took Lo Celso only few cameos to show what an average player Dele is.

He's our very own Lingard, he only played well when superior players around him Kane, Eriksen and Dembele were on top of their game.

He will never ever be a talisman at any team in his career, him having a good game completely relies on better players around him playing well.

In sport, I've always felt that the word 'enigma' is a euphemism for 'lazy' and I think that applies here.

I get the impression that Dele thinks he's a mercurial talent who can turn a game on its head in an instant, a flick here, a flick there and his job is done - meaning he doesn't have to do much the rest of the time.
He runs his bollocks off even when ineffective.

Yes, sorry. You're quite right.

I was confusing you with BangkokSpud.

I was disagreeing with Phil Neville's comments that Dele is playing at his best and is the one driving the team forward, BangkokSpud replies by saying:

'If you can't see that Dele is slowly stepping up his game you're just not paying attention'...

which isn't relevant to the point I was making.

Please don’t confuse me with Bangkok again - please? :avbpray:

He's our very own Lingard, he only played well when superior players around him Kane, Eriksen and Dembele were on top of their game.

He will never ever be a talisman at any team in his career, him having a good game completely relies on better players around him playing well.

Sorry but Alli may not be the player we once hoped but to call him average is harsh.

To say he sometimes puts on average performances night be fairer.

That’s bollocks mate, Dele has never lacked effort even when he was playing badly last year, just check the stats on how much distance he covered every game.

Effort has not been the issue with Dele. He might not be as talented as we thought he was but on the pitch he has always given his best.

That’s bollocks mate, Dele has never lacked effort even when he was playing badly last year, just check the stats on how much distance he covered every game.

Effort has not been the issue with Dele. He might not be as talented as we thought he was but on the pitch he has always given his best.

I was talking about contribution, not distance covered.

If it's all about distance covered then maybe we should sign Mo Farah.

1 goal and 1 assist and he was still pretty much the most criticised player on the match thread. It looks like he's fighting a losing battle with a substantial portion of our fan base.

I agree in party with that. He is not the player who will carry a team like Dembele for example. But when he hast good players around him he will do the unexpected and that makes the team stronger.

So I see him as someone who can make a team on the top of their game take the extra step with his flair, but won't be able to get it out of dogshit. He just doesn't have the presence for that. He is still a quite unique player.

I agree in party with that. He is not the player who will carry a team like Dembele for example. But when he hast good players around him he will do the unexpected and that makes the team stronger.

So I see him as someone who can make a team on the top of their game take the extra step with his flair, but won't be able to get it out of dogshit. He just doesn't have the presence for that. He is still a quite unique player.
He's a good option to have on the bench.

That's just about it.

Back
Top Bottom