Saints vs Mighty Spurs | FA 4th round Sat 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lloris
Tanganga - Sanchez - Alderweireld
Aurier - Ndombele - Dier - Lo Celso - Sessegnon
Dele
Son
I can 100% see this.

Brings Tanganga and Sanchez back in but keeps experienced Alderweireld with them. Aurier and Sessegnon on either side due to Davies not being fit and Rose being shit.

Ndombele back in with Dier screening behind him and Lo Celso. After Jose's comments about Lucas and Lamela being fatigued, both rested and we push Dele further up to play just off of Son.

Scrappy 1-2 win. Through to the next round. Bring it on.
Wow, I had the exact same lineup formation in mind.

Gave my beard a nº1 clip before the first Boro game, havent touched it since.

Come May I'm gonna be

hipster-beard.jpg

Look out ladies!

Thick beards and moustaches should be outlawed.
Once I was in a pub with a bloke who sneezed into his moustache and left it there.
It was fecking revolting.

Just want to get the job done at St Mary's, don't want another replay. Not going to be able to follow this game, as meeting friends, and we don't use phones when together, so will have to be patient and check the result at the end of the game.
I know this trophy is not prestigious anymore, but I would love to win it.

Time for Son instead of shooting wide or high to score a worldly from the edge of the area. Now he has broken the dearth of goals surely more will follow. Saw a few goals scored midweek by other teams and thought it was time for us to score one like that and Son is favourite for that job.

A cagey 1 nil win for the Mighty Spurs.

It won't be pretty however, it will be effective from Mourinho.

Southampton 0 - 1 Tottenham
Gedson

Southampton are one of the best 6 teams at present, at home and their manager says they will treat seriously.

I expect us to lose and that's not me being negative.

I just have so little confidence in us.

I don’t know what is going on with Skipp in training etc but I get the impression that José fancies him about as much as Poch did
If neither of Poch or Jose, who will have seen him train extensively behind closed doors, think there's anything there, there's probably not, unfortunately.

If neither of Poch or Jose, who will have seen him train extensively behind closed doors, think there's anything there, there's probably not, unfortunately.

Would love to be proven wrong and maybe Jose could do something with him in pre season

Just want to get the job done at St Mary's, don't want another replay. Not going to be able to follow this game, as meeting friends, and we don't use phones when together, so will have to be patient and check the result at the end of the game.
I know this trophy is not prestigious anymore, but I would love to win it.
Might be irritating with the match today but I'm a huge fan of that policy in general. I might try and make something similar a de facto rule among my mates too.

I've already had to tell enough people off and even lost a fairly good mate in no small part because they took the phone obsession to an obnoxious extent: we'd be eating a meal together and his phone screen wouldn't go off from the moment we sat down to the time we got up again. It was actually affecting his ability to eat normally. What a cunt.

Smartphones are ruining a lot of necessary and very healthy face-to-face interaction. I'm not as intolerant as some and I can live with phones coming out occasionally because we all have stuff we need to handle but I can't abide people who prioritise the idle shit coming out of their phone over the real life person in front of them.

The computer scientist in me loves the constant development of amazing new technologies. The neuroscientist in me is deeply concerned about the potentially huge negative consequences of smartphones, "social" media, the 5G grid, technological unemployment, IoT devices etc. on our mental and physical health. The common sense in me makes me something of a luddite overall. I'm at least two generations behind in most hardware and software tech in my personal life. I'll never be buying a smart TV, Windows 10, fingerprint-locked smartphone, Hive, Ring, any Amazon device, any "smart" device, any IoT device, any version of Microsoft Office after 2013, phone with a locked bootloader, always-online game or software, any version of SQL Server Dev Edition after 2012 -- if anyone wants advice on how to cling to some semblance of your privacy and security in this modern world, just ask me! Now how did I get onto this topic again..? :D

Back
Top Bottom