Saints vs Mighty Spurs | FA 4th round Sat 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bollocks.

Go tell me who's at fault for the Spurs goal then? Which Southampton player lost the ball before Son ended up scoring?
Every Southampton fan will be able to tell you. Football supporters only look at the game through the lens of their own team and what their team could/should/did do. By assigning agency only to your players, you get to continue the illusion that only your club is in complete control of the outcome (which is why refs are so harshly treated, as a kind of external encroachment on this perspective -- they shatter the illusion).

I think our biggest issue is the lack of a solid DM which STILL hasn't been addressed in the market, whilst we scramble around for a ST (which truth be told, we do need anyway) but DM is our biggest issue.
This.
Whether you think aurier is good or shite. Lack of CF. etc. Would all be made better by someone to break up and then link the play. Especially the last 20, a calmer head in there would have made all the difference. Winks just is not it. Dier cant run. And skipp is clearly not trusted.
Much as I'd love a proper LB, CF, RB and if I'm greedy, CB I'd swap the lot for a proper 6!

We defended well overall but Saints had good chances (Ings header and Tanganga clearance off the line before the goal).

Aurier with his customary brain fart to gift them the winner. He did play well otherwise tbf, he is just one of many we have that hold on to the ball for too long.

With the attacking positions we got into we should have been well clear before we inevitably conceded but with a front 3 of Son, Lucas and Dele we are never going to be clinical. So so wasteful.

Gio is fantastic, I'm just desperate for Ndombele to get into this team, hopefully with Dele dropped as Son and Lucas are our only wingers.

We didn't have the legs to stay threatening on the break after 70 mins and we just went into our shell. Jose needs a solution for this issue. It is probably just put your fucking chances away forwards!

Serge Aurier has made one mistake in the past two games.

Heung Min-Son has made about fifteen.

I wonder who's getting scapegoated?
I suppose the difference is, Son scores the goal... Aurier conspires to help concede one.

The lament of the Defender/GK... ONE mistake can lead to a goal...
You don't like it, don't be a defender!

I suppose the difference is, Son scores the goal... Aurier conspires to help concede one.

The lament of the Defender/GK... ONE mistake can lead to a goal...
You don't like it, don't be a defender!
Then hold the attackers to the same standard.

Sitting here going ''we lost because of Aurier'' is bollocks.

We don't need a striker for goals we just need a striker that understands what to do in transition and on long balls. Minimum amount of hold up play is all we need. Just no way to relieve the pressure with Moura up top and he just kills transitions.

Sanchez made 2 very poor touches near goal which fortunately did not get punished. Lloris seeing Dier ready to come on should have put that ball into touch to allow him to come on. missed chances up front. I am not one of Aurier's supporters but his error should not have led to a goal.

Because there are 11 players on the pitch (ELEVEN). Boufal came in from the left hand side to the centre, unmarked. Aurier didn't even lose the ball in a dangerous area.

We have 1 man (that's ONE) who is in charge of those players and in charge of making subs the team was desperately crying out for.

If those, who seek to blame someone everytime we fail to win a game, wish to blame someone. Then perhaps understand what needed to be done.
Dier was waiting nearly 4 mins to come on but the ball didn’t go out of play, Jose saw what was coming

Aurier didn’t lose the ball in a particularly dangerous position but lose it he did, why try dribbling through a double team when you’re tussling for control of the game.

Back
Top Bottom