Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So what? We should all go live in the past and never enjoy a Tottenham player again?

Yesterday I posted Kane's stats to prove that his form has only slightly dipped this season.

Your response "So our best player is the one that scores the most?"

Today I post that it's a disgrace the true Tottenham greats from the past 100 years are considered no better than Eriksen, a player that was good but achieved nothing major with us then sulked his way to a move out of the club.

Your response "So we can never enjoy a Tottenham player again?"

Are you being obtuse on purpose? You seem to fail to understand the point in anything that's written. Please stop quoting me with your bullshit.

Yesterday I posted Kane's stats to prove that his form has only slightly dipped this season.

Your response "So our best player is the one that scores the most?"

Today I post that it's a disgrace the true Tottenham greats from the past 100 years are considered no better than Eriksen, a player that was good but achieved nothing major with us then sulked his way to a move out of the club.

Your response "So we can never enjoy a Tottenham player again?"

Are you being obtuse on purpose? You seem to fail to understand the point in anything that's written. Please stop quoting me with your bullshit.

Who said anything about them not being better than Eriksen?

Sell a world class player. Replace with some shitter we have to Google.

We are unfortunately a Club on a downward trajectory.

Eriksen is far better than anything we have now. Lo Celso was good against Soton - but really, he is nowhere near the same class.

It's a shame Eriksen turned rat cunt for a few bucks more. If he went to Barca or RM I could understand, but Inter? What a wanker.

Shame he's gone. Shame our board won't replace him. Shame he is a rat cunt.

SHAME.

There were probably plenty of people saying the same when we brought in Eriksen as part of the Bale sale.

A fantastic servant for the club in his time here. A little over 220 appearances ,51 goals and 62 assists in the league since he arrived. Incredible. An intelligent and gifted player, who will be remembered, perhaps not in the same light as VDV, Dembele, Hoddle, but one we should celebrate as a key member of a team that brought us closer to the higher echelons of English and European football over the last 6 years.

If one player is at least half the reason you are struggling, what does that tell you about the rest? Decent move for Eriksen. Shame how it ended, 6.5 years of loyal service, never injured, and being probably THE most talented and important player in the team. Gets rewarded with abuse and you can only hit the first man on a corner. Pathetic display from spurs fans.

Are you leaving with him?

They forgot to include the clips of him producing in the CL semi final/final/CC final?

To be fair, he absolutely produced in FA and League Cup semi finals.

Shame our form had dipped tremendously and Poch had lost it by the time we actually reached a CL final.

Let's not forget his huge goal against Inter Milan that helped get us through the groups in the first place last season.

Very pleased to see the back of this long, saga. No doubt we'd miss the Eriksen of the first 5 years of his tenure here, but we haven't seen that guy for some time.

Wish him well at Inter, but we can finally move on. Merse says we wont make top 4 without him. But he's a bell-end anyway.

Was never one of my favourite player until I noted his miles covered per game and he stepped in with some real vital last-minute free kick winners.

I think he handled his move quite well not being to nancy about it but would have been better if he had signed an extension last year.

Could have played better recently but no one in the team has been playing good for about a year.

Cheers pal

Back
Top Bottom