Tottenham Hotspur Versus Redbull Leipzig 19/02/2010

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we have some very good players but we're struggling to play as a unit, understandably. Don't think we have been able to field the same 11 players in consecutive games, that will impact on ys showing any consistency.
Gio was outstanding for me, followed by Davison. And Erik was immense when he came on.
The return game's not completely out of reach, but it would have been nice to get one goal to take to Germany.
Just leaving the stadium, fish and chips weren't very nice tonight :(
Nothing is as good as it used to be Mrs P. Even David Ginola.

It wasn’t going ok though. They had numerous chances to score.

Make no mistake, we were 0-0 at that point because of poor finishing not because we defended well.
Their xG for the match was the same as Spurs outside of the pen. Sanchez and Tony played very well.

He’s been bench for a month and still only has 20 mins in him? Sorry not buying this
We really need to reevaluate who is doing the buying of players. The scouting is like a boys club playing FM98 and drinking sugar drinks. I honestly think we are the worst best run club in the world.

Its unbelievable the grief we were getting on BT.

Clueless the lot of em.

BT pundits, even Hoddle were shithouse tonight.

No Kane, no Sissoko, No Son, Lamela could only help for 20 minutes, the same with Ndombele, we had 2 full days to recover and get 2 full days before we go again. You'd think ex pros like Lineker, Hoddle and Ferdinand would have a little empathy but it seems they went the snide route because we didn't make the most of a couple of decent chances and gave away a sloppy, individual mistake with the pen.

This one is far from over based on a few areas I saw this evening. Really unimpressed with BT and I think Mourinho was as well.

On the bright side, we are only a goal down when it could have been 3 or 4. We're still in it and if Mou can play Ndombele and Lamela from the start, I think we still have a chance.

Their xG for the match was the same as Spurs outside of the pen. Sanchez and Tony played very well.
I don’t care what XG said. They hit the post, Werner had a one on one so did the striker shortly after the goal. They could have been 4-0 up before we even started playing.

I’d rather use my eyes than rely on stats.

BT pundits, even Hoddle were shithouse tonight.

No Kane, no Sissoko, No Son, Lamela could only help for 20 minutes, the same with Ndombele, we had 2 full days to recover and get 2 full days before we go again. You'd think ex pros like Lineker, Hoddle and Ferdinand would have a little empathy but it seems they went the snide route because we didn't make the most of a couple of decent chances and gave away a sloppy, individual mistake with the pen.

This one is far from over based on a few areas I saw this evening. Really unimpressed with BT and I think Mourinho was as well.

They talk about us as if we reached last years final playing champagne football. We played the same scrappy stuff we are playing now only we had Llorente to hoof the ball to, but apparently we played like peak Barca and the current side is a disgrace by comparison.

Agree. Massive game vs Chelski. Treat two legs as just that.

That said Maureens record in the last decade doesn't bode well. We won't win it, but to bow out (narrowly) against a big team in the QF feels a bit of a better ending that a whimper to the German Sheff Utd.

In all honesty, with no Kane or Son did or does anyone expect any different to us dropping no out against one of the best perfmroning teams in Germany at the moment?

I look past the Mourinho record of recent times and look at our circumstances. No striker it's a killer blow to lose Kane and Sonny. Can't get irate about what's in the lap of the gods

I think we have some very good players but we're struggling to play as a unit, understandably. Don't think we have been able to field the same 11 players in consecutive games, that will impact on ys showing any consistency.
Gio was outstanding for me, followed by Davison. And Erik was immense when he came on.
The return game's not completely out of reach, but it would have been nice to get one goal to take to Germany.
Just leaving the stadium, fish and chips weren't very nice tonight :(
Not trying to break anyones heart but we just can't compete on this level. We need a new fish and chips shop asap.

In all honesty, with no Kane or Son did or does anyone expect any different to us dropping no out against one of the best perfmroning teams in Germany at the moment?

I look past the Mourinho record of recent times and look at our circumstances. No striker it's a killer blow to lose Kane and Sonny. Can't get irate about what's in the lap of the gods
You mean miracles are off the table?
Splitter!

Anyway could be worse, pity the poor fuckers who flew from South Korea to see Sonny and instead had to sit through that shit, and now get to relax in the salubrious surroundings of the Edmonton Travelodge.

You know the Leipzig team were not all German, right?

It's like saying Ginola, Modric & Klinsmann were 'Cloggers' just 'cos they played in English football!!

However, regardless of where they're from... EVERY player to represent RED BULL ENGERY DRINK LEIPZIG are fucking MERCINARIES with no soul or feeling for footballing history though!!
I'll give you THAT!
Put the Absinthe down friend.

I’m not denying it’s harder to win the CL, but to win either trophy we’ll have to beat Liverpool or City en route, so why throw the towel in in either competition?
The real sad thing is that as fans of one of the wealthiest clubs in the world we are even contemplating having to throw the towel in.
The fact it's even a discussion says it all really

I never said they should be, but when you're losing and the manager wants to make a change isn't the time for pissing about looking confused and double taking at your number being on the board, get off the fucking pitch asap and then frown about it on the bench.

Fair enough

Back
Top Bottom