Tottenham Hotspur v Wolves (01/03/20) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We have scarce resources. Either way we'll have to play someone up there in a false position. I'm not against a Bergwijn, Dele, Lucas and Lamela diamond up top to see how it goes. Haven't got many other options to consider at the moment.
Going with a false 9 means we have to pass the ball to him not lump it forward and I can’t see us do that. Also he needs to be very intelligent and good off the ball along other things and I doubt Lamela is that player.

Probably. Would a fluid four of Bergwijn, Dele, Lucas and Lamela all moving into pockets of space with them mixing up being up top to out wide mid game be the worst thing? Not ideal but it could have legs if we keep all four fit and as fresh as possible.
You don’t understand. All you say sounds good in theory but in practice the way we’re set up it won’t work because they will be isolated.

When there’s the slightest sign of pressing coming our way we lump it forward. And we lose possession. A fluid front four would work if we could transition smoothly from defence to attack, not play like fucking Stoke City in Pulis era.

You don’t understand. All you say sounds good in theory but in practice the way we’re set up it won’t work because we’re isolating them.
In other words, when there’s the slightest sign of pressing coming our way we lump it forward. And we lose possession. A fluid front four would work if we could transition smoothly from defence to attack not play like fucking Stoke City in Pulis era.

Mourinho plays to the teams strengths in any given game and he's yet to have that potential 4 at his disposal. I also think the Stoke/ Pulis thing is extremely harsh and dramatic mate, I don't see us as being what many regard as an out and out lojgnball team and I don't think we will be moving forward, especially when we have Bergwijn, Dele, Son and Kane as our front 4.

I'd like to see Bergwijn, Dele, Lucas and not Lamela tested, I mean what's the worst that can happen with extremely short supplies?

Jose should take note of what Gary Neville said tonight. Great teams take risks and a great manager instills the belief into a team to take risks. Klopp is best manager in world football. We have to listen to negative defeatest shit all the time from our gaffer

Jose should take note of what Gary Neville said tonight. Great teams take risks and a great manager instills the belief into a team to take risks. Klopp is best manager in world football. We have to listen to negative defeatest shit all the time from our gaffer

How did Neville do in his stint as a football manager?

Edit: here it is;

RESULT

MatchesWDLGoalsPointsPPM
281071139:38371,32

Lost more games than he won it seems :mourglasses:

Last edited:
Mourinho plays to the teams strengths in any given game and he's yet to have that potential 4 at his disposal. I also think the Stoke/ Pulis thing is extremely harsh and dramatic mate, I don't see us as being what many regard as an out and out lojgnball team and I don't think we will be moving forward, especially when we have Bergwijn, Dele, Son and Kane as our front 4.

I'd like to see Bergwijn, Dele, Lucas and not Lamela tested, I mean what's the worst that can happen with extremely short supplies?
Play to team’s strengths? So I guess defence is our strength since we’re always sitting back trying to “counter”? :sonhmm:

There’s a difference between sitting back and pressing intelligently in the right zones and at the right times (see Atletico v Liverpool) to trigger a counter-attacking opportunity and the crap we played in the last couple of games, to say at least.
And no, those attacking players won’t change shit if Mourinho doesn’t stop being so pathetic with this low block attempt. When we had Kane and Son available remember that we played like shit too.

Take away Neville's record as a manager. Klopp is best manager in world football. The belief he gives his players. He brings origi on and gets him playing. Our gaffer bitches and moans he cant play attacking football because 3 of our 25 man squad are injured. We had an identity and class football. Utter shit is being served up. It's ok though because when son and kane are back we will play on the front foot. Never did that under jose when they were in the team.

Play to team’s strengths? So I guess defence is our strength since we’re always sitting back trying to “counter”? There’s a difference between sitting back and pressing in the right zones and at the right times (see Atletico v Liverpool) and the crap we played in the last couple of games, to say at least.
And no, those attacking players won’t change shit if Mourinho doesn’t stop being so pathetic with this low block crap. When we had Kane and Son available remember that we played like shit aswell.

Mourinho has always said that he analyses what the best quality a team of his has and utilises it to what he regards as his fullest. I don't know what goes on in his thought process but maybe he saw our speed when we had Bergwijn, Sonny & Licas and figured the lower the defensive block, the more space for them to stretch across.

Either way I doubt any manager would easily find a winning formula week in week out losing Kane and Son at the same time. It's literally been 6-7 days since we got that bombshell piece of news and I'm pretty sure new methods are being looked at now as to how best we can and should adapt.

Jose will be gone this time next season if not before. Does anybody on this forum think that when kane and son come back plus a summer transfer window he will get us playing on the front foot and instill a belief into the players to play with risk?.

Mourinho has always said that he analyses what the best quality a team of his has and utilises it to what he regards as his fullest. I don't know what goes on in his thought process but maybe he saw our speed when we had Bergwijn, Sonny & Licas and figured the lower the defensive block, the more space for them to stretch across.

Either way I doubt any manager would easily find a winning formula week in week out losing Kane and Son at the same time. It's literally been 6-7 days since we got that bombshell piece of news and I'm pretty sure new methods are being looked at now as to how best we can and should adapt.
I don’t expect him to find solutions in a short amount of time but I meant that per overall we played like shit even when Kane and Son were playing.
People say that managerial methods and solutions need time to be implemented but it’s funny how our best games under Mourinho were the first couple of games in charge. After that it quickly went to shit.
Olympiakos game was the last time I felt he proved to be a good manager. Took a player off before half-time, changed system, got a bit of luck but we won. Since then his tactics have been one dimensional as fuck and barely tried to change anything.

Take away Neville's record as a manager. Klopp is best manager in world football. The belief he gives his players. He brings origi on and gets him playing. Our gaffer bitches and moans he cant play attacking football because 3 of our 25 man squad are injured. We had an identity and class football. Utter shit is being served up. It's ok though because when son and kane are back we will play on the front foot. Never did that under jose when they were in the team.

Why should I take away Gary Nevilles record as a manager when he is the one telling another manager how he should do his job?

Klopps first season at Liverpool:

Played 52
Won 23
Drew 17
Lost 12

Finished 8th place in the PL.

Should they have sacked him for such a shit finish and 12 losses to his name? Amazing what can happen if you give someone a little time to work on things the way they want

Last edited:
I don’t expect him to find solutions in a short amount of time but I meant that per overall we played like shit even when Kane and Son were playing. People say managerial methods need time to be properly implemented but it’s funny how our best games under Mourinho were his first couple of games in charge. After that it quickly went to shit.
Olympiakos game was the last time he proved he was a good manager. Took a player off before half-time, changed system, got a bit of luck but we won. Since then his tactics have been one dimensional as fuck and barely tried to change anything.

His subs against S'oton a couple of weeks ago won the game.

Jose will be gone this time next season if not before. Does anybody on this forum think that when kane and son come back plus a summer transfer window he will get us playing on the front foot and instill a belief into the players to play with risk?.

What would you do with all of your earthly wisdom for the foreseeable with Som and Kane injured for the rest of the season? Remember, philosophy is nice but points win prizes.

Back
Top Bottom