Troy Parrott

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's obviously something wrong behind the scenes, as it just doesn't make sense as to why he is not even getting a place on the bench.
If it's because he's already giving it the "big I am", than Jose is right in not giving him game time.
I hope we haven't got another Marcus Edwards on our hands.
I am not liking this BS from JM about "can't wait for next season."
It seems he does not want this season with "Poch's" player to go too well.
Obv I know nothing but I don't believe it's behind the scenes stuff stopping JM from picking this kid.

There's obviously something wrong behind the scenes, as it just doesn't make sense as to why he is not even getting a place on the bench.
If it's because he's already giving it the "big I am", than Jose is right in not giving him game time.
I hope we haven't got another Marcus Edwards on our hands.
There are some rumors floating around about him and we won’t know more than our managers, both Poch and JM. If they say he’s not ready, there must be a damn good reason.

JM is making a rod for his own back by not giving Troy a chance.
You cannot come out with BS about world cup winners in the opposition if you do not pick the only kosher striker we have (who happens to be an international :rolleyes: ) for the squad even.
I don't think it matters what striker we could have up there with the tactics he is using. Everyone is so deep and he is so obsessed with stopping the other team it is impossible to get out capitalise on any attacking strengths Parrott or any other attacking player has. And i wanted him in as manager

I don't think it matters what striker we could have up there with the tactics he is using. Everyone is so deep and he is so obsessed with stopping the other team it is impossible to get out capitalise on any attacking strengths Parrott or any other attacking player has. And i wanted him in as manager

Why lump it to Lucas (who is great with his head but will not "bully" anyone)?
I ain't saying TP is the answer to all our woes but he surely must be considered as an option.

Why lump it to Lucas (who is great with his head but will not "bully" anyone)?
I ain't saying TP is the answer to all our woes but he surely must be considered as an option.
I agree that he should be an option but i just can't see with how deep and concerned about opponents how tactically he uses Parrott as an asset. We have enough decent ball players to cut through midfield without a main striker.

I'd rather see us go for it from the beginning with a main striker like Parrott then see the way we played today

I agree that he should be an option but i just can't see with how deep and concerned about opponents how tactically he uses Parrott as an asset. We have enough decent ball players to cut through midfield without a main striker.

I'd rather see us go for it from the beginning with a main striker like Parrott then see the way we played today

But we need pace from the back

Jan and Toby haven’t got it now
Sadly

Sadly
But he is worrying so much about the other teams instead of trying to make them worry about the players we have and the football we could play even without a main striker.
Like today it looked like he just saw their system to match them to stop them instead of thinking of a way to make them worry. Everything seems to be to worrying about opponents

Sadly

Vertonghen is certainly on the downward curve.. but Toby was solid yesterday, and he also played a few dangerous long balls straight to Moura and Tanganga on the wings, on a good day those would've ended up in the back of Chelsea's net

Toby has a couple of seasons left in the tank to mentor any new young defender that is bought in the summer

Why does there have to be something more to everything? I'd like to see him given a chance too but there's no suggestion he's ready for this level yet.

The season is done anyway. Might as well throw him in and give him (and Skipp too) much needed experience and match time. Who knows, they might turn out to be even more valuable than what any of us would expect of him at this point in his career. Personally, I think giving someone for Lucas, Bergwijn, and lo Celso to at least play off can only be a good thing.

The season is done anyway. Might as well throw him in and give him (and Skipp too) much needed experience and match time. Who knows, they might turn out to be even more valuable than what any of us would expect of him at this point in his career. Personally, I think giving someone for Lucas, Bergwijn, and lo Celso to at least play off can only be a good thing.
I think they'll both get a start in he FA Cup...

I am not liking this BS from JM about "can't wait for next season."
It seems he does not want this season with "Poch's" player to go too well.
Obv I know nothing but I don't believe it's behind the scenes stuff stopping JM from picking this kid.
This has to be one of the dumbest fucking comments I've read on here, ever. From start to finish. Have a word with yourself

Vertonghen is certainly on the downward curve.. but Toby was solid yesterday, and he also played a few dangerous long balls straight to Moura and Tanganga on the wings, on a good day those would've ended up in the back of Chelsea's net

Toby has a couple of seasons left in the tank to mentor any new young defender that is bought in the summer

Fair enough but don’t play him in the same defence as Jan

Surely he starts next match.

Naah, he wont.

I would very much like him to. But he will not.

I was just wondering over the weekend - does Jose's "he is not ready" actually translates to "he is s*it"??
Cause for ManU Greenwood who is like less than 6 months older than Parrott is banging them in for fun. This season 34 senior appearences, 1650 minutes, 12 goals.

Ofc the development curve might be different/individual, and it might take more time for Troy.
At the same time... he insists Troy is not ready, but somehow seems oblivious to the fact that... Moura is not ready (to play CF) either really...

Well. We'll see.
This season seems to end in epic dumpster fire anyway so...

Back
Top Bottom