Tottenham Hotspur v Wolves (01/03/20) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’ve heard that the only way to tell if Jose is good is if he loses a cup final in his first season because Klopp did.

The key here is that it’s the only fair comparison as they both took over mid season.

More interestingly, Arry took over mid season and lost a Cup final.
So I guess he’s on Klopps level, and we can’t really say yet if Jose is better than Arry (has to lose a cup first)

:walker:
I wasn't showing a lot of interest in the game for a while (career oriented) so I don't know why Redknapp was sacked. People here seem to like him so why?

I wasn't showing a lot of interest in the game for a while (career oriented) so I don't know why Redknapp was sacked. People here seem to like him so why?
Because Levy suddenly found himself at the precipice...top 4 meant stadium.

He jumped at the chance to get in a swanky young manager with a book of tactics thinking he would do what Poch did, so top 4 or no top 4, England or no England, court case or no court case, I think Redknapps days were numbered.

He jumped at the chance to get in a swanky young manager with a book of tactics thinking he would do what Poch did, so top 4 or no top 4, England or no England, court case or no court case, I think Redknapps days were numbered.

Not sure. His flirting with England will have annoyed Levy.

It cost us a fair bit to get Poch. I reckon he might have given Harry another season if he hadn’t been flashing his arse at the FA.

Not sure. His flirting with England will have annoyed Levy.

It cost us a fair bit to get Poch. I reckon he might have given Harry another season if he hadn’t been flashing his arse at the FA.

Like Poch was with PSG after we fucked the league title away....?
What did Harry actually say?
Other than “no Englishman could say no”

Like Poch was with PSG after we fucked the league title away....?
What did Harry actually say?
Other than “no Englishman could say no”

I can’t really remember. Maybe it was just paper talk, but I do think he was keen.

You’re not wrong on Poch, but he was simply too good a manager at the time for Levy to sack. But he got nowhere near enough stick for the Real Madrid bullshit and claiming he might be off after the CL final. Complete dick move.

I can’t really remember. Maybe it was just paper talk, but I do think he was keen.

You’re not wrong on Poch, but he was simply too good a manager at the time for Levy to sack. But he got nowhere near enough stick for the Real Madrid bullshit and claiming he might be off after the CL final. Complete dick move.

Looking over the pages on here I think it did wind up quite a few fans actually. Maybe not as much as it should.

Of course, it didn't help matters when Harry phoned Levy less than 24 hours after the latter's mother had died to discuss his new contract, then slagged him off on camera at a pro-celeb golf tournament that afternoon for not answering the phone

Hmmm.

Guardiola: "We played without a proper striker because of way they defend. They are so aggressive though the middle and when that happens you have make the pitch wide. Ramos, Varane, Casemiro, they wins these balls, incredible. So we wanted to give diagonals as much as possible."

And if he had stayed?

As much as I will always be grateful to Poch, you raise a good point. To be honest, amongst the euphoria of making it through to the CL final, those comments by Poch didn't really hit home to me, until after the event.

He showed his inexperience at that moment.

But that's not really what he said, from my understanding he was saying that if we had won the CL with that squad - how could he possibly top it?
Ie he would have achieved all he could with backing he had

Back
Top Bottom