Tottenham Hotspur v Wolves (01/03/20) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Because he deserves to be given time.

After our start to the season, a top 4 finish was going to be really hard to achieve.

He's only had one January transfer window to strengthen the squad and signing players in January is always difficult.

Ah, ok... I guess you didn't read my post properly then.....

It's meant to merely be of comfort to those that want him gone.

If I want him gone; I'll say as much. :mourthumb:

Because he deserves to be given time.

After our start to the season, a top 4 finish was going to be really hard to achieve.

He's only had one January transfer window to strengthen the squad and signing players in January is always difficult.
And but he had us ready to go 4th on the 22nd December.

Since then our form has gone backward.

His stats are being propped up by other teams.

Ah, ok... I guess you didn't read my post properly then.....

It's meant to merely be of comfort to those that want him gone.

If I want him gone; I'll say as much. :mourthumb:

No, I read it properly.

A win/win situation is where, whatever happens, the outcome is good.

He'll either stay or go at the end of the season and the only win situation is for the fans who get what they want.

Win/win doesn't come into it.

No, I read it properly.

A win/win situation is where, whatever happens, the outcome is good.

He'll either stay or go at the end of the season and the only win situation is for the fans who get what they want.

Win/win doesn't come into it.

Jumbled over-thinking there but you fill your boots, fella.

Rockets positives from today....

Only took 8 hours of my day.
Trains ran without a hitch.
Got a seat on the train all the way there and most of the way back.
The ticket bloke at Cambridge North saved us £6 by telling us to buy tickets to Liverpool St. rather than Northumberland Pk.
Was on the end of the row next to the exit of 252 so managed to get straight out and on to the first train home. Saw the final whistle and made the 4.11 pm from NP.
At this rate my daughter won't want to keep going. That'll be a saving.

What's that you say? Football match? Oh, yeah there was one wasn't there.
Oh well. On to the next one.

You're spewing utter bullshit as always.

Show us how/where it's being taken out of the club....

SPOILER: You can't; because it isn't.

Embarrassing.

Another tantrum-ing baby in our midst.
As a matter of interest, what do you think is causing our problems and how might it be remedied. Serious question btw. I'd like to hear your ideas.

Our form has dipped so sack the manager?

That's brilliant.
No, not yet, at the end of the season.

I don't see what we're hoping to achieve apart from, "Let's throw big wages at a manager who used to be successful when he got his own way, which he'll never get under our board".

He can't sort our defence, he's getting out foxed by Fat Frank and Nuno and other managers and we're getting worse and worse.

If that continues you really want him given what he wants in the hope he can rediscover some former magic?

£420 million spent at Man Ure in 2 years and he complains he wasn't given the funds to compete?

No, not yet, at the end of the season.

I don't see what we're hoping to achieve apart from, "Let's throw big wages at a manager who used to be successful when he got his own way, which he'll never get under our board".

He can't sort our defence, he's getting out foxed by Fat Frank and Nuno and other managers and we're getting worse and worse.

If that continues you really want him given what he wants in the hope he can rediscover some former magic?

£420 million spent at Man Ure in 2 years and he complains he wasn't given the funds to compete?

He won two trophies in his first season at United and got them to second in the league the following year, he won the league in his second spell at Chelsea.

I think he deserves more time than just 6 months and a January transfer window.

Actually, it's a pretty clear explanation of why your post made no sense but I don't expect you to admit that.

Ah, I see, just a bit too nuanced for your liking was it... Meat and potatoes for you from here on in.

I'll try and bear that in mind. :mourthumb:

Mate I'm not going to lie I never wanted him. But he got left a shit storm that Poch bottled so...I tried not to be negative about him his tactics the mentality the hopeless way to motivate human beings. Now I'm done. Don't want him at Spurs, it will end in an ugly public divorce. I want Naggelsmann, but if its choice going forward there are way better options in line with the model we have built this club round.(Yes I know what he has achieved but that's the past. It will be bad but imho the end can't come soon enough l.
Do you really think he's going to leave RBL to come to us? Would you?

Thats fair enough but the post seemed to accept that losing 2-3 today was better than losing 1-3 last season. Not for me. We have gone backwards. Now whether Jose is the man to lead us out of this is another matter but I do agree he at least needs time and the opportunity to get his own players in. If the board back him unconditionally though what does that tell us? They won’t though will they?

I think we’ll find out if we don’t qualify for the CL which will cost them money

I don’t think we’ve gone backwards but a lot of people are expecting more progress to have been made than has been

Patience needed

Well, I wasn't expecting much from the game, so I don't know why I feel so disappointed.
Excuse me if I'm repeating what has already been said, but to me we have some decent players but we are not gelling as a team. What we used to have was a sort of telepathy between each component of the side, especially the attacking players. As we know, that doesn't happen overnight, and we haven't had the luxury of playing the same eleven in consecutive games.
The one thing that is obvious to me is that we have good, natural wide players, but no target man. I don't understand why Jose bothered putting Troy on for four minutes only, what a waste. I still think Jan would be a more than adequate stop-gap CF.

Back
Top Bottom