Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham - (Tues 23rd June 20:15.)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

West Ham are going down, not just the result telling me that but the way they didn't even get up for their cup final this year, tells me that they are doomed.

And although we do not deserve top five, the fact top five may be enough and we have got our injured players back and Kane is scoring now means that we do actually have a chance in my view.

Re: ⚽ The 92: Match #14 - Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham Utd: match thread
Post by r99c » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:10 pm

Sold our proper stadium, stands close to the pitch, all the pubs and spots around the gaff that everyone loved. Moved to a stadium unfit for football, situated virtually in a shopping centre. Sacked a shitty old past-it manager and then unbelievably brought him back. And now we'll be in the Championship. f*** GSB the dismal c****.

Im having that on my gravestone.. :mourhandlaugh:

West Ham didn't get a sniff in open play think we have 100% found our starting CB pairing

Get a proper CDM to replace Sissoko and we are laughing

Absolutely. I think Hojbjerg would look real nice in front of Eric and Dav.
Having someone that can pass and shoot a bit will be a massive upgrade for us over Sissoko.

Last edited:
So this is what winning feels like. So so good.
Even though it was WHU and they did not put up a decent amount of fight, it was a well drilled win. From CM and the back line were beautiful. Can only be critical of the attacking players, who looked rusty.

Also i forgot how skillful Kane are.

2-0 good result! Goal for Kane and lots of good performances, Gio, Dier, Lamela, Steve.

Wanted big win before the game but was thinking at half time that I would take a 1-0, so 2 goals and a clean sheet is decent.

Nice rest now but plenty to work on for SU though

COYS

Disgaree. I thought he worked his socks off along with Rice they were WHU best 2. The comms agreed.
All of what you say can be true and it still wouldn't discount my statement. Very little there, there in that player at this level and that is why he's at Wham and looking to return to the champo.

Feels like years since the last win so I'll take it but not a great performance by any means.

Lloris - No saves that I can remember, distribution decent. 5
Aurier - Customary brain farts that a better team would have punished and poor delivery for the most part. 4
Sanchez - No glaring errors and didn't have much to do with Antonio on Dier, distribution is what it is - we cant rely on him for build-up. 6
Dier - Another strong showing against Antonio who always gives us problems - making CB his own. 8
Davies - a standard Davies performance. 6
Sissoko - Grew into the game once again - I think this is when his superior fitness kicks in. But watching him build-up play is painful and he's not the long-term solution. 5
Lo Celso - Smooth operator and he is levels above everyone else technically. 9
Lucas - Looked threatening early on and had a good strike on goal, shocking miss though and faded generally. 5
Dele - Another evening of flicks to the defender's shin and falling over from Del boy, very poor. 3
Son - An improvement from Friday but still not at his lethal best. 6
Kane - Also improved since Friday and should have had a couple of goals. Well taken finish. 6.5

Subs:
Lamela - His energy was exactly what we needed. Dele doesn't make the tackle that led to the 2nd goal. 7
Bergjwin - Higher level of quality than Dele and Lucas and both him and Lamela made the difference - both staking claims to being first XI. 7
Winks - N/A

West Ham didn't get a sniff in open play think we have 100% found our starting CB pairing

Get a proper CDM to replace Sissoko and we are laughing
Hang on a second mate, we were playing against a West Ham side who haven’t won a game in about 47 years, managed by David Moyes and had fucking Antonio or something upfront who spent half the game drifting out wide....
Dier and Dav were okay, but let’s reserve judgement on whether they’re our long term center back partnership for a few games down the road....

Back
Top Bottom