Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham - (Tues 23rd June 20:15.)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't believe Sky have made it all about the 'controversial opener'. Fuck me, it barely scrapped his arm and they only noticed it after having the whole of the second half to micro analyse. How about the guy putting it in his own net hey Moyes? No, we'll ignore that.

Spammers were negative as shit, got outplayed and didn't deserve fuck all.

Nice solid win. Great to see Kane score and get that elusive clean sheet.

True I think Jamie is still upset we sacked his corrupt father?

Stuff:

- Love Gio
- Stevie should be a starter
- CBs look like they work well together
- Winning feels good
- 4 points out of 6 = decent re-start and now we get to refresh with more rest than Sheff.
- Harry more involved tonight. Got his goal... 1 step at a time. Fuck the haters.
- Cracking work from Lamela for the 2nd goal.
- A hot summer's evening like that; what the fuck does NDombele need a beenie hat on for????

The procession of heartbroken Spammers on TS tonight is gorgeous.... Some of the cliched pwoppa football drivel is spectacular. "Upton park was like a fortress"... "That ain't West Ham".... and on and on.

Last edited:
EbOKD2AXYAETvFA

That has to be one of the poorest West Ham sides ive seen in a while, and man for man they arent crap players as such, theres just no drive and no apparent game plan without Haller up top to knock balls high to. The new Stoke, basically. Antonio is always a problem for us but playing him centrally just made life really easy for Dave and Dier who lapped it up all game. TBH id take Fredericks back as cover for Aurier as he lived with Son pretty easily and I dont remember him ever being shit when having to play first team on the odd occasion.

I dont see a lot of negatives from a Spurs POV tonight other than Dele slowing the game down. He's an excellent technical footballer but (shhhh) im not sure he works in this system Jose wants to play, even though hes playing him there in the number 10 role. We played our best stuff tonight on the break or crossing from wide. Dele takes so much time on the ball at the moment it kills that pace. A lot has been said about N'Dombele and whether hes liked by Jose or not... id LOVE to see him in that role. Make the two of them fight for it. Tanguy isnt the Dembele replacement (because there isnt one in world football - unless someone can name someone who can do that?) so push him forward where he can damage teams with his ability to see a slide rule pass when its on. Isnt that what competition is there for? Two great players with different strengths playing for that shirt.

Also shout out for Sissoko who seems to have got short shrift on here tonight but I thought he was mobile, aware and did a lot of dirty boring shit that other players wouldnt fancy

Thought he did well to be fair, he wins most things that come near him and as long as he releases it quickly to a better player, he’s fine in my book and does his job
As soon as he got the ball (which was often) he gave it someone who is supposed to know what to do with it.
Aurier saw a lot of the ball tonight and on another night could maybe have added an assist or 2 to his stats.

a few comments, love moura obvs, but a champion winnning team player wont miss those; was very interested how erik didnt flop when tripped in the box (i wonder if any one would give him grief at a 'missed' opportunity?); and least (most) importantly we've edged further ahead of them.... also im forever amzed about how a little titch like Moura can leather the ball from soem distance (as well as physically, must be a considerbale technical skill (or maybe i could just never do it)))

Back
Top Bottom