Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How different would things have played out if we had gotten Dybala? I’m assuming that means Eriksen would’ve been gone in the summer. And we wouldn’t have Bergwijn (which means a maybe a RB in January instead?).

But as far as our play. And with Poch. Would getting a player like Dybala have gotten Poch out of his funk And re-energized him? Or would he still have been grumpy? And would we have been better than14th place? What formation would we be playing?

Would it have been worth it to just pay the likeness fee or whatever it was holding up the deal?
Needed a DM - still have been leaking goals all over the place with Danny trying to play as an AM/ LB hybrid and sulking in and out of the team; Foyth being given minutes and getting sent off; Kane injured (again); Dele dilly-dallying ...so, some the same, some different. Oh, and a Winks / Sissoko CM pair in a diamond!

just joking - but we’ve never been short of attacking options, just struggled to get the ball to them (and stop it going on our own net)

How different would things have played out if we had gotten Dybala? I’m assuming that means Eriksen would’ve been gone in the summer. And we wouldn’t have Bergwijn (which means a maybe a RB in January instead?).

But as far as our play. And with Poch. Would getting a player like Dybala have gotten Poch out of his funk And re-energized him? Or would he still have been grumpy? And would we have been better than14th place? What formation would we be playing?

Would it have been worth it to just pay the likeness fee or whatever it was holding up the deal?
That's a big club move. So never going to happen despite the sarcastic "levy doesn't spend enough" comments from people who thought we were getting him.

We were never buying Dybala. Levy knew it was an impossible transfer because of the image rights issue and of course left it all too late to do a deal.

Also where did the potential Dybala money go in January? Jose has very little to spend, the Eriksen money went towards Bergwijn

It was from a meeting of the THFC trust where he was asked the question, he replied that no major transfers happen, in or out without his approval.

I've tried to find a link but am struggling due the the volume of hits if you feed in Pochettino and transfer etc.

But there are plenty of articles about him insisting no DOF is brought in after he fell out with the Mitchell, and that he is given the ultimate Vito instead in 2015-16:

There is absolutely no way Levy spend a then record fee (Sissoko - or second highest I can't remember) without Pochettino wanting that player and being in on the recruitment process of that player.
As in the meeting where he was sitting next to Daniel Levy? Oh yeah cause he’s gonna just throw his boss under the bus while sitting next to him.

If he wanted Sissoko, why would he not have just said as much in his book straight out? Why all the beating around the bush? It’s absolutely clear as the sky is blue Sissoko was not his first choice by a long shot.

As in the meeting where he was sitting next to Daniel Levy? Oh yeah cause he’s gonna just throw his boss under the bus while sitting next to him.

If he wanted Sissoko, why would he not have just said as much in his book straight out? Why all the beating around the bush? It’s absolutely clear as the sky is blue Sissoko was not his first choice by a long shot.

Mane was. Doesn't mean to say Sissoko was thrust upon him.

I doubt Levy would have grumbled if Poch had opted to keep his powder dry until the next window.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom