Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know he is powerful, I know he plays well against us, I know he just scored but Antonio is absolutely dreadful. Makes Sissoko look like Modric. Please don't mention him as a back up for Kane.

As in the meeting where he was sitting next to Daniel Levy? Oh yeah cause he’s gonna just throw his boss under the bus while sitting next to him.

If he wanted Sissoko, why would he not have just said as much in his book straight out? Why all the beating around the bush? It’s absolutely clear as the sky is blue Sissoko was not his first choice by a long shot.
I think its a reoccurring theme under our managers. Manager wants a 9/10 player, gets offered a 7/10 player or you get no one. So takes the 7/10 player as better than nothing. Then people say, well the manager wanted the 7/10 player.

I know he is powerful, I know he plays well against us, I know he just scored but Antonio is absolutely dreadful. Makes Sissoko look like Modric. Please don't mention him as a back up for Kane.

The only thing that he seems to be good at is getting the ball and stopping to have guys run into him and draw a foul. He did it to Dier and Sissoko against us and to create the corner for the 1st WH goal today.

Defenders should just stop and let him have the ball because he is crap with the ball at his feet. Once he gets the ball he is zero threat at all.

I was listening and the radio and it sounded like nearly all of Woolwich's attack came from the left. Definitely need to rethink Aarons if Tierney is dominating him that easily.
Yup. Tierney looks amazing though to be honest. Really feel we missed out there, especially since he cost like 5-10 million less than Sessegnon. Aarons and Lewis feel overhyped to hell due to them being British and whatever.

Yup. Tierney looks amazing though to be honest. Really feel we missed out there, especially since he cost like 5-10 million less than Sessegnon. Aarons and Lewis feel overhyped to hell due to them being British and whatever.
He's softer than baby shit. He signed for cheap cause he was coming off a serious injury and has already had another major injury since joining the scum.

I think its a reoccurring theme under our managers. Manager wants a 9/10 player, gets offered a 7/10 player or you get no one. So takes the 7/10 player as better than nothing. Then people say, well the manager wanted the 7/10 player.
This is so true

The only thing that he seems to be good at is getting the ball and stopping to have guys run into him and draw a foul. He did it to Dier and Sissoko against us and to create the corner for the 1st WH goal today.

Defenders should just stop and let him have the ball because he is crap with the ball at his feet. Once he gets the ball he is zero threat at all.

Surprised he doesn’t play CB instead

It's a recurring them for most managers most of the time. And it certainly doesn't help if they insist on ditching the recruitment team and making themselves DOF, rather than leaving the job of finding some decent 8/10, 7/10's to people who are actually good at it.

To get a good first team - probably 3 or 4 players of decent quality to fill gaps/upgrade ?

To add a couple more to get decent rotation/depth ?

Of course we all might want top quality additions but a few well spotted additions (ala Roberson from Hull to Liverpool for £8m or Gomez from Charlton to Liverpool for even less) wouldn't be bad either

COYS

Last edited:
It's nice that the guy we chose to sign instead of him busts his arse every game too then isn't it!

hi-res-14ff83c032155291bf36b38f3cf981f8_crop_north.jpg
And Lo Celso is sexier.

Fernandes would never have made it in the Tottenham Hair Club for Men.
:sonpoint:
#JoséKnows

Back
Top Bottom