Sheffield United v Tottenham Hotspur - July 2nd - 6pm(UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Disappointing to see Lucas and Sissoko in there and would have preferred Toby over Dier to try and get the ball up the field quicker but not really surprised to this line-up. It has all Jose's favourites and there really is limited options in the MF.

If nothing else that line-up shows how desperate we are for a major influx in talent in all areas of the team. Still should be good enough to beat Sheffield United.

When did we not win the Europa through Poch not taking it seriously? I could well be forgetting something.
The 2014/15 team wasn't really good enough yet, 2016 we were knocked out by a strong Dortmund, after that it was CL every year.
That Gent defeat after falling out of the CL in 2017 was awful granted, but it was a strong line up. Maybe it was more a mentality thing you're talking about.

Redknapp intentionally pissed away the EL to focus on the league, and iirc AVB had a go in his one full season.

I was at that 3-0 Dortmund away game in 16 where Poch took the piss and we played Chadli up front!

we were battered.

So much speed up front but the we have nobody to get the ball up to them.

It takes so long for Dier, Sanchez, Aurier, Davies, Sissoko to move the ball that when holes are opened up Sheffield will have all day to get back and fill in. Would have been nice to have a Toby or Jan our wingers with a pass when they make a run. Instead GLC has to run back to Hugo get the ball and lug it all the way up the pitch before being able to pass it to our forwards or dump it off to Kane who has to come back to the halfway line to get it from him.

If are good enough get top 4 then winning Europa should not be that tough. City, Liverpool, Chelsea and United will all be better than the teams we face in Europa. Through in Leicester and Wolves and finishing top 4 will be much tougher than winning the EL.

There is nothing to sacrifice either. The majority of teams that have won the EPL and finished top 4 have done it while playing in Europe. The fact that Chelsea and Leicester are constantly brought up as teams that won without Europe show how shallow the pool is, there are two examples with countless examples of winners playing in Europe including the most recent winners.

We are not fricking Burnley here that can't handle a midweek game or two. Plus Europa League gives us much needed games to play our young players that can't hack it in the EPL yet.

There is zero good reasons to not want Europa League other than preferring CL which we all do but isn't a possibility.
EL is winnable, up to the quarters it should be pretty straightforward. However, it's very likely we'd then come across a strong CL drop out like Ajax or RB Leipzig, or Dortmund of a few years back, and then the competition becomes difficult. And we've been dumped out by shite like Colchester and Norwich lately.

Saying that, assuming we don't get top 4/5, and if the team starts ticking again I'd be confident of a deep Europa run next season.

I'd love to win it.

Turned on the pregame coverage for some build up as I'm bored.

Immediately greeted by an interview with Mo Salah.

Watching the Coronavirus briefing now
Never learn with MC v liverpool on later it was obvious they would spend most of the time before our match talking about them. which anti Spurs pundits on today. I will turn on at 6pm.

Back
Top Bottom