Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

OT - but I am disappointed we didn’t get Pulisic. He has turned out to be rather impressive, and he is only 21.

Would have been a really good buy and solidified the Tottenham brand in the US marketplace, but alas, Levy.

Also now I sadly have trained myself to hate him since he plays for Chelsea.

Sessegnon has proved himself in the championship. He now needs more PL experience
That's all fine and well but he is a player we can use to get players who have already done it in the EPL like Mitrovic. I'm not saying sell him, just use him as a make weight because he is still so young that a season getting his confidence in a league he has thrived in may be the springboard to him making in the EPL.

“Spurs manager Jose Mourinho is understood to have personally blocked Barca's approach for Sessegnon, whose situation is being monitored by a host of other English and European clubs.

Spurs are also unwilling to discuss a move for record-signing Ndombele at present, despite Mourinho's doubts about the Frenchman.”

So they approached and we said no to both? I’m not surprised to be honest they have no players they would be willing to part with that we want. Umtiti, Coutinho and probably even Semedo would all be bad signings in my opinion. Even though they all have some qualities that are likeable they are cast offs for a reason.
People bash Levy when he tries to do this, but all clubs try too offload their shit in player swaps and such. And just like when Levy does it, most clubs say "fuck off."

Can we get rid of Lucas and Lamela in the summer and sign Benrahma instead?

No. Lucas starts every game.

5714f3f314a3c8ce1795a858033729baa1-06-soup-nazi.rsquare.w330.jpg

OT - but I am disappointed we didn’t get Pulisic. He has turned out to be rather impressive, and he is only 21.
Everybody shit on him because 1) he's American, and 2) he lost his spot to Sancho (sort of) at Dortmund, but he was obviously supremely talented and he's making a leap with regular match time at Chelsea. He may be their most important player at the moment.

That's why when people were saying Mount was better the first half of the season it was pretty obvious they meant that he was more English, because Mount is nowhere near as dynamic as Pulisic.

Ndembele swap for Coutinho is top of the pops for me.
While he'd add some much needed creativity, there have been questions about his attitude, so I don't know.

He fits the profile of someone that's not wanted by their current club so might be going a bit cheap...28 years old though too, so won't hold his value too well, which makes me think it's never happening under ENIC.

Back
Top Bottom