Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I remember watching YouTube stuff (yes, I know!) and honestly thought he looked great and an ideal Walker replacement - pace, direct, took players on, sliding tackles, aggression, decent cross. Did we buy the same guy?
Same

He looked so much quicker in those highlight videos , goes to show how misleading they are I guess

I remember watching YouTube stuff (yes, I know!) and honestly thought he looked great and an ideal Walker replacement - pace, direct, took players on, sliding tackles, aggression, decent cross. Did we buy the same guy?
Yeah, but you could make Seamus Coleman look like prime Cafu in a Youtube video.

To my mind he has to go. I don’t mind his quirks as a human but he’s a fucking nightmare player. Very poor in every respect apart from being very fit. Today he was fucking dreadful. I wish him well in his future but I hope his future is nowhere near N17. A crazy horse type with no footballing brain.
sorry Serge but it’s not enough

In some ways I'm glad he's exposing his frailties in such a blatant fashion during the run in (especially after flattering to deceive and being one of our more improved players when José came in).

The club hierarchy is thick enough to sell Trippier and leave us in this mess, so it needs to be pretty fucking obvious for them to get the message and pull their finger out to find a replacement.

In some ways I'm glad he's exposing his frailties in such a blatant fashion during the run in (especially after flattering to deceive and being one of our more improved players when José came in).

The club hierarchy is thick enough to sell Trippier and leave us in this mess, so it needs to be pretty fucking obvious for them to get the message and pull their finger out to find a replacement.
Don’t hold your breath mate.

Honestly I was shitting myself for the second half knowing he was on a booking. Thankfully those visions of a needless and reckless second yellow didn't materialise as the scum didn't really exploit the fact.

Imagine just how good we might be with a top quality defensive mid and rb? Back up striker too of course but even just those two players..

Ndombele can be good DM if he's fit to play. He actually looked pretty good defensively last time he played.

And regarding RB, any backup we have in the bench can replace Aurier right now and it would be an improvement. Tanganga, Sessegnon, or Foyth. Even Sissoko would be a better RB than Aurier.
problem is Jose never give these guys a chance to play no matter how bad Aurier plays week in and week out.

Ndombele can be good DM if he's fit to play. He actually looked pretty good defensively last time he played.

And regarding RB, any backup we have in the bench can replace Aurier right now and it would be an improvement. Tanganga, Sessegnon, or Foyth. Even Sissoko would be a better RB than Aurier.
problem is Jose never give these guys chances no matter how bad Aurier plays.
I think Jose prefers round pegs in round holes no matter how shit they are.
He’s not really a tinker man

Back
Top Bottom