Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So let me get this straight - you judge a player’s ability based on what his own teen fanbois post on Twitter about him?

No, i judge a players ability on what i see.

I get an opinion on what the clubs fans think about their own player by going on their forums or their social media.

Come on Arcy, you're signed up to about 15 different club forums, you should know.

Last edited:
A Tottenham source has told Football Insider that the club have been calling the Saints man’s camp “every day” to convince him to swap the south coast for north London.

Day 1; Will you accept KWP for Hojbjerg?
Day 2: Swap deal and 1 million?
Day 3: Swap deal and 1.5 million?
Day 4 Swap deal and 1.7 million?
Etc etc.

Mourinho , Ancelotti and Pep all rate him
Surely he's good right?
I think that we as fans often get stuck in looking at the player as a individual. What are Pierre's individual skills and stats etc. Whilst the managers also look at him as "another piece of the puzzle". How does he fit into their preferred system, does bringing someone like him in allow another player to flourish in a more free role etc.

Most Mourinho systems have an out and out DM or a defensive holding midfielder. And not everyone of those has to be prime Makelele for it to enhance the system.

A Tottenham source has told Football Insider that the club have been calling the Saints man’s camp “every day” to convince him to swap the south coast for north London.

Day 1; Will you accept KWP for Hojbjerg?
Day 2: Swap deal and 1 million?
Day 3: Swap deal and 1.5 million?
Day 4 Swap deal and 1.7 million?
Etc etc.
Onomah+3m+crisps for Grealish wasn’t it?

I'm not a super scout or anything sometimes he looks good to me sometimes he looks bleh. If he's the guy Jose wants though, then I trust Jose. He knows this position very well and knows what he wants.

I watched a lot more Bayern games when he was back with them. He actually seemed guy with a talent. So I was quite surprised when he took a ste...leap back in his career and went to Soton. But of course he was 20 back then. Now it is time to take a step forward and we could offer him that.

Though I agree that he does not seem to be that clear "destroyer" like Sandro or Wanyama at their prime. He is physically rather strong. Purely in physical terms I guess he eats likes of Winks for morning instead of cereal :D

Back
Top Bottom