Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No, there was another point that in previous seasons Poch had coped with the injuries better than Jose did.
The implication, along with the “only 3pts off 5th” line was that he would have done so again, hence “his record speaks for itself”.

That’s why I gave you some perspective.
No, the "record speaks for itself" was to point to finishing in the top 4, getting to a domestic cup semi and CL final whilst dealing with multiple injuries throughout the entire season, including his best players. I think this record is better than finishing 6th and not even getting into a quarter-final.

No, the "record speaks for itself" was to point to finishing in the top 4, getting to a domestic cup semi and CL final whilst dealing with multiple injuries throughout the entire season, including his best players. I think this record is better than finishing 6th and not even getting into a quarter-final.
So, again, the implication is that Poch would have done better this season than Jose based on previous seasons.
That is the point I picked up on and the point you claimed didn’t exist.

Yet it does exist. It’s the 3rd time you’ve made it.
Why pretend there was only two points being made? Stupid, when you literally keep spelling out the thing I was addressing.

So, again, the implication is that Poch would have done better this season than Jose based on previous seasons.

Why pretend there was only two points being made? Stupid, when you literally keep spelling out the thing I was addressing.
If poch was still in charge we would have been fighting to stay up today !

When poch was sacked I would have bitten you hand off for 6th. Even more so considering the injuries along the way. It might not have been pretty , but Jose has done enough to get us into the EL next yeah and I honestly believe had anyone else done so the majority of this place would have been happy, if levy back this man in this window then we can end the drought next season !

I think some have forgotten how utterly dreadful we were for months before Poch was sacked.

I haven't for one min suggested that at all. I've not made that claim or suggestion, you have but not me.

I've said Jose didn't cope with injuries. Our results show this, his moaning shows this.

Poch "did" (PAST TENSE) cope with injuries. His record (to have a record as a body of evidence means it's happened, ergo it's PAST TENSE) shows this.

At no point have I looked into what Poch could have achieved.

While claiming they agree Poch had lost it
Poch had lost it, no doubt, and I was gutted to see him go, but there was no other decision to be made.

That still doesn'tsay Mourinho was the best fit or best option to take over.

Plus the speed in getting Mourinho in was incredible, almost like it had been planned months in advance.

Poch had lost it, no doubt, and I was gutted to see him go, but there was no other decision to be made.

Plus the speed in getting Mourinho in was incredible, almost like it had been planned months in advance.
Who knows if he is the best fit , but maybe imagine if everyone got behind him and gave him a fair chance and judged him once he has had a chance?

Ive supported us for 33 years but I’d never been as embarrassed to support us as I did when we lost 7 2 at home to Bayern Munich. No team should ship 7 goals at home. It was indefensible. So so bad. Worse than any cup defeat to a lower league club for me.
To think even at half time I thought we had a chance of winning that game !

Who knows if he is the best fit , but maybe imagine if everyone got behind him and gave him a fair chance and judged him once he has had a chance?
He'll never be judged by some.

Put it like this, anyone who believes getting Man Ure to 2nd in the league was an achievement isn't worth entering into this debate. I honestly can't believe some on here blast Poch for getting 2nd in the league while fawning over Mourinho doing the same.

We talk about best fit, but who was going to come in and turn this poverty squad into a superstar team?

Arguably, considering his obsession with solid defending, Jose was the ideal choice for us at this time.

Back
Top Bottom