Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Have seen Celik in a few live games, he looks like his crossing is decent and he motors forward a lot, if we can get him for a decent price I’d be well happy
Being completely honest, I hadn't heard of the guy before this window.

Thing is, this is the kind of signing that Leicester has been making in recent years and we've gone on to wonder why we don't identify cheap talent in the same manner. Worth a go if our scouting team and José are convinced.

I cannot articulate how much I hate this kind of ITK. Literally the most obvious fucking thing to guess and would also give them an 'out' because the club could always take a couple of days longer to announce it and they could still insist the medical was on Monday.

And don't forget that this kind of bullshit gets lapped up uncritically, lest Kim Jong Admin puts them up against the wall.

History has comprehensively proven that there is no real Spurs ITK. Why anyone still pays attention to that stuff is beyond me.

History has comprehensively proven that there is no real Spurs ITK. Why anyone still pays attention to that stuff is beyond me.
I do think that people hear tidbits from a friend of a friend every now and then but they're usually random and not these 'verified' ITKs. I heard speculation that JJetset was related in some way to Donna Cullen and told people what they wanted to hear. Would be interesting.

Keeping Aurier is not an option - he wanted out last summer and has only 2 years left on his contract and isnt signing another.

So assume he is off, and then suggest who else is a practical option at RB (see my earlier post)

I've said several times now I'm really struggling to find a realistic RB option that gets me excited.

You're right by the way, if Aurier's only got two years, he has to go.

MouraThat MouraThat

Don't doubt that a journalist has linked us to these RB's but not sure they are really available :

Emerson - Barcelona usually demand a buy back in the contract. Not sure that's in Spurs interest - its just developing a player for Barcelona. Alastair Gold claim negotiations underway but that requires Barcelona to drop their longstanding demand of a buy back clause.
Semedo - Rumours that Barcelona are offering him a new contract
Mukiele - Bayern rumoured to be after him
Dalot - 21 year old Portugese player who hasn't made it at ManU (circa 20 appearances in 3 years). JM may be attracted by nationality and £10m fee apparantly attracting Everton, but not sure he has the experience to be Spurs no 1 RB
Atal - Knee surgery 6 months ago, is he back fit and playing, if not just too much of a risk ?

I suspect our real choices are Aarons, Celik, Castagne and possibly Dumfries
Where did he claim that mate? Got a link?

Don´t get me wrong, I like Dele Alli, I think Jose really likes him and there is no chance we´d sell him.

But I´m not sure about the argument. Dele Alli scored 9 goals in 32 matches this season, which is good, but not fantastic - especially considering how poor he can be in other aspects of his game during 90 minutes. And he scored 5 goals in 30 matches in the previous season, which is actually really bad.

His numbers were outstanding between 2015-17, but it´s been a while since (If he was a manager, people would be calling him outdated).
For his age, the accumulated part was implied

Have any of you entertained the idea that if he was “better than Jose” and as good as some of you think he is, then he wouldn’t have to wait for a “spot to open up” and that a club might just fire a manager to get him in quick time.

I would say Utd, but Ole just got CL football so I guess that’s taken the “miracle“ tag off that one.

Pirlo has never managed a team before and just got the Juve job. They didn’t even look at Poch.

Isn’t that a hint? Maybe the people that count just don’t think like you? They want to win stuff.
The irony here in all of this is that Jose, your cheerleaded choice for our post, was without a team for a longer timeframe...and that is without Covid. Don't think too many coaches will be willing to take on contract payouts and new manager contracts with no fans in the stands.

The GOAT over on the fantasy forum:

Who: The Goat
When: 7th August
Where: SC

We've heard from a couple of sources now that PEH's medical is scheduled for Monday

I guess after he's been shopping at Harrods........
Love this. Supposedly the GOAT is used for particularly juicy ITK that protects the person that passes it along. But this is bottom of the barrell shit right here. Who the frick cares when PEH's medical is? His xfer is anticlimactic and not necessarily thrilling a good portion of the fanbase. Wonder why they feel the subterfuge is necessary on this one? Other than the clicks of course.

I said the same a few pages back. Of that list I quoted that we'd been linked to, he'd be the one at the top for me.
Completely agree, and I know Barca are terribly run, but they'd be absolutely mental to sell him. Their starting 11 is already old as fuck, surely they wouldn't be that stupid. I'd target Emerson because Semedo should be their starter for the foreseeable future, which means Emerson is more likely to be available anyway. Though, they've already given up Arthur for fucking Pjanic so who knows. Once Messi retires they're going to fall in a heap

The irony here in all of this is that Jose, your cheerleaded choice for our post, was without a team for a longer timeframe...and that is without Covid. Don't think too many coaches will be willing to take on contract payouts and new manager contracts with no fans in the stands.
So Poch is now waiting for Covid to end?
Ok

Wasn't he excluded from taking another job this season as part of his severence package?

Whatever, you're gonna look one serious twat when he lands his next position.

:harrylol:
Yet.....now John.
Why don’t they want him now

And that depends where he ends up doesn’t it?
Or what he achieves.

You may gleefully dance around the maypole if after two years Real finally decide to give him a chance. But landing a job isn’t silverware.....he has to succeed at a club too John.
11 years into his career I don’t think he’ll ever be up there with the managerial greats.
You’ve either got it or you haven’t.....your money argument doesn’t add up when you consider the squad he had in 2016, the form they was in and who he lost the title to.

Last edited:
Yet.....now John.
Why don’t they want him now

And that depends where he ends up doesn’t it?
Or what he achieves.

You may gleefully dance around the maypole if after two years Real finally decide to give him a chance. But landing a job isn’t silverware.....he has to succeed at a club too John.
11 years into his career I don’t think he’ll ever be up there with the managerial greats.
You’ve either got it or you haven’t.....your money argument doesn’t add up when you consider the squad he had in 2016, the form they was in and who he lost the title to.
Shut the fuck up.
no one gives a shit for your cunt off, you pig faced shitgibbon

Love this. Supposedly the GOAT is used for particularly juicy ITK that protects the person that passes it along. But this is bottom of the barrell shit right here. Who the frick cares when PEH's medical is? His xfer is anticlimactic and not necessarily thrilling a good portion of the fanbase. Wonder why they feel the subterfuge is necessary on this one? Other than the clicks of course.

They put this out hours after the athletic said the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom