Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think that's called a wind up.

Maitland-Niles is a utility player, he's 'ok' rather than good so why would we sign an average Woolwich player.
Why would we want to sign any average player? Yet we are linked with mostly average players in this window.

Why would we want to sign any average player? Yet we are linked with mostly average players in this window.
Probably because we are looking in the £10-20m range (that's why Hojbjerg with one year left on his deal was our main target). The only way we get in a top player like Skriniar would be in a swap deal with Ndombele.

FYI, Atalanta play with 2 wing backs, with Castagne able to play both LWB and RWB. Atalanta are 2nd in Italian League with the 2 WB's generally causing the opposition a lot of trouble so WB's can't be bad.

They finished 3rd,

But yeah - their system is reliant on wing backs and they do it well. It's hard to know if a lot of their players would do well outside of Atalanta because of how they're well drilled but I do like the idea of Castagne just being a solid dependable and versatile signing.

Probably because we are looking in the £10-20m range (that's why Hojbjerg with one year left on his deal was our main target). The only way we get in a top player like Skriniar would be in a swap deal with Ndombele.
It's possible to find value in that range, Zaha is 40 million but still very average.

You ok stevee stevee . Nice to have you back

:dierpochhug:
Thanks mate,
I've been ok, been browsing on here but not posting as much.
I decided that it's pretty pointless discussing Levy etc. Neither side is going to change their, or the other sides mind. We just end up going round in circles.
Although, I must admit it can be fun at times. I might chip in now and then, especially if you post one of your "facts".
:troll:

Hope all is well with you.

It's possible to find value in that range, Zaha is 40 million but still very average.
I am not the biggest Zaha fan but average?
Most take-ons completed in the 2019/20 Premier League season: 𝟏 Traore (183) 𝟐 Zaha (163) 𝟑 Saint-Maximin (121)

We have no one in the top 10 btw.

Incredible ball carrier and dribbler, average passer though.

Lots of holes to fill in the squad - DM, 2nd striker, current RB wants out - and a limited budget like most clubs (hence Woolwich making 55 staff redundant last week).

Tried spending large last summer/January but we ended up with £90m of talent on the bench and only one of the incomers playing for half the season, so its no guarantee of success.

I am not the biggest Zaha fan but average?
Most take-ons completed in the 2019/20 Premier League season: 𝟏 Traore (183) 𝟐 Zaha (163) 𝟑 Saint-Maximin (121)

We have no one in the top 10 btw.

Incredible ball carrier and dribbler, average passer though.
Yeah average, 35 goals in 185 games he's going to be 28 this year. It seems he's spent his whole career trying to get away from Palace. When he did he couldn't cut the mustard.

I hear you but if it’s a choice between Wilson and no one -no brainer for me

Fully understand, but I would honestly rather nobody. Son can fill in, as could Bergwijn. Had enough of us clogging up our team with slightly above average budget options.

We should be looking at the likes of Jovic, not Wilson.

Fully understand, but I would honestly rather nobody. Son can fill in, as could Bergwijn. Had enough of us clogging up our team with slightly above average budget options.

We should be looking at the likes of Jovic, not Wilson.
100% agree - but apparently we’re skint now according to the ENIC bots on here so doubt we can can afford anyone near Jovic

Back
Top Bottom