Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I also remember how Trippier was regarded as Champo material.
He’s out there playing a CL 1/4 final right now though.
Where’s Eriksen, and Dele and Ndombele?

They are in the same place as Kane, VVD, Modric, Ronaldo are but I guess all those guys suck now too since their teams lost.

I think Toby has shown he is fine playing either side. Isn't the issue that there are so few left footed CB's so it is unlikely that we will get one.

I would much rather get Skriniar in and a world class RB and another creator. It is a shame that because we have Levy as chairman that we likely will only be allowed to get one of the 3 and a cut rate one at that.

As for having plenty right footed CB's, Toby is 30+ and showing signs of declining, Dier sucks and should never start a PL game for us and Sanchez has shown real limitations in what he can do. I think we absolutely need a world class CB brought in either now or next year, the issue is that it isn't as pressing a need as other spots but I would say it is still a need.

Fair points although, I generally like to cut Levy some slack.

Dier, Tanganga and Toby are all on new contracts whilst Dav cost us 40m, the outlay on another centre half when we’re showing faith in our current ones...just doesn’t make sense given our tight budget.

Funny how Poch’s prediction form 2017 ALL came true..

- Asked Levy to be brave - he wasn’t and we went from PL runners-up and genuine challengers to Top 6 plodders

- Asked Levy to stop thinking he’s the smartest chairman in the world thinking we can win trophies without spending. We all laughed - the result is now clear to see

It doesn’t.
It proves that internet morons who called Trippier Champo were wrong and could be proven wrong about Hojbjerg too.

Still waiting for evidence that Ndombele is going to come good though. Needs to run for 20 minutes first.
Trippier is just a passenger in that team and there’s a reason he left the PL - dream on

I don’t hate the Wilson move. We won’t get a better back up striker willing to sit on the bench than him
Isn't it time we moved away from all this talk of back up strikers willing to sit on the bench.
It's this sort of nonsense why we win fuck all and have lost our Champions league place.

Surely to Fuck we're a big enough, rich enough club to go out and get someone to compete with as well as compliment Harry Kane.

How many games have we had where Kane has been as much use as a traffic cone.

Kane himself needs competition. And a club of our stature being unable, or unwilling to provide it is nothing short of a fucking scandel

Trippier is just a passenger in that team and there’s a reason he left the PL - dream on
Still kidding yourself I see....he’s played 32 games despite missing 7 with injury

Funny how he’s been a passenger for two teams that seem to have done pretty well with him as RB.
How are we doing at RB?

He left the PL because a massive club with a quality manager wanted him and our dopey idiot manager decided Aurier was better.

Back
Top Bottom