Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Funny how Poch’s prediction form 2017 ALL came true..

- Asked Levy to be brave - he wasn’t and we went from PL runners-up and genuine challengers to Top 6 plodders

- Asked Levy to stop thinking he’s the smartest chairman in the world thinking we can win trophies without spending. We all laughed - the result is now clear to see
Not looking for a row.

Genuine question, who do you blame for our CL defeat? Levy or Poch?

O
Not looking for a row.

Genuine question, who do you blame for our CL defeat? Levy or Poch?
On a serious note

I blame Sissoko for pointing in the box and VAR for being a cunt

I blame Poch for not starting Lucas but the rest of the team was our best at the time, imv

I blame Liverpool for being better on the night

But above all, John - I blame our lack of winning mentality and belief. We’re mental midgets when it comes to the big stage and that’s where it all lies for me - Chiellini was spot on. Not sure how to fix it either

I would hope we move out Dier just to remove the temptation for Jose to play him over Toby, Skriniar and Sanchez.

I don't trust Jose to not make Dier the first choice CB despite having 4 better CB's on the squad. I think we would be fine going with Toby, Skriniar, Sanchez and Tanganga. Especially if we do the right thing and bring in 2 new RB's so Tanganga does not have to play there.

Dier just signed a new contract and went straight into the starting XI when he returned from suspension in place of Davinson.

Tanganga has been better at full back than CB, let him play there. Not an issue. Lots of top CBs have played at full back when they were young.

Their vastly superior midfields both managed one win and one defeat each against us.

I remember hammering one of them 3-0.
Also remember Ndombele tracking back v Wolves, maybe that’s what’s confused you
Do you even watch football, genuine mate? They’re mids are quality and you’re a liar if you say not

O
On a serious note

I blame Sissoko for pointing in the box and VAR for being a cunt

I blame Poch for not starting Lucas but the rest of the team was our best at the time, imv

I blame Liverpool for being better on the night

But above all, John - I blame our lack of winning mentality and belief. We’re mental midgets when it comes to the big stage and that’s where it all lies for me - Chiellini was spot on. Not sure how to fix it either
Great post

I'd be sorry to see Ndombele go, I don't like the idea of jettisoning a player after such a short time, especially one of his talent. Its not like were packed with creativity in midfield and our rivals are strengthening. It could be like a new signing for us if he knuckles down and wins a place in the first 11.

give him a second season ya shits :ap:

keeping him is an absolute must. Even if there was the slightest chance of us signing someone with half as much talent then possibly I’d consider it. But the reality is we’re not linked with anyone of that ilk. Yes it’s been a poor first season. But such a low gamble to keep rather than jettison in the hope of signing a centre back in an area where we’re reasonably strong.

I actually don’t give a toss, I’m starting to hope we don’t win anything so all you moaning cunts find a new hobby
A few weeks ago you posted that you were on the verge of joining the "Levy out" camp.
Is that still the case? Or has the signing of a workmanlike Southampton midfielder made everything tip-top-toe in the Levy garden again?

keeping him is an absolute must. Even if there was the slightest chance of us signing someone with half as much talent then possibly I’d consider it. But the reality is we’re not linked with anyone of that ilk. Yes it’s been a poor first season. But such a low gamble to keep rather than jettison in the hope of signing a centre back in an area where we’re reasonably strong.
Bang on the money.

Do you even watch football, genuine mate? They’re mids are quality and you’re a liar if you say not
Haven’t said they ain’t quality, I’ve said a vastly superior midfield should have finished a little more higher than us.
We finished above 14 teams, at our worst and were still hoping for CL.
It’s a team game.

You don’t finish 6th in the PL with a Champo midfield.

A few weeks ago you posted that you were on the verge of joining the "Levy out" camp.
Is that still the case? Or has the signing of a workmanlike Southampton midfielder made everything tip-top-toe in the Levy garden again?
I don’t care anymore.
I’d find it funnier watching some of these cunts on here cry themselves to death than I would watching us lift a trophy

You can when you have Kane, Son and Lloris
Fair enough, I think that’s our whole problem though.
We can’t cope with just a few, we need a rounded squad.
The team is where it should be, so a top 6 midfield isn’t the end of the world, people are too harsh.
I am too......but it’s one thing to talk about a PL challenge and need a better midfield for that. That doesn’t make Sissoko and Winks Champo though, it just makes them top 6.

Fair points although, I generally like to cut Levy some slack.

Dier, Tanganga and Toby are all on new contracts whilst Dav cost us 40m, the outlay on another centre half when we’re showing faith in our current ones...just doesn’t make sense given our tight budget.
But we only have a tight budget because Levy chooses to prioritise other aspects of the commodity.

We only have a tight budget because that's the way ENIC choose to run our club.

On the one hand, he pays himself more than all of his PL counterparts. , while on the other hand, invests a lower proportion of our wealth into the football team.

So Levy doesn't deserve to be cut any slack whatsoever.

Last edited:
If we had ambition we'd keep Ndombele and sign Skriniar.
In: Skriniar (£45m) , Hojbjerg (£15m), Castagne (£15m), Wilson (£15m)
Out: KWP (£12m), Aurier (£18m), CCV (£5m), Lamela (£18m), Foyth (£12m)

Net spend of £25m is more than doable with the club's current financial situation.

Nope - I’m with you.

None of the options we’re linked with strike me as worth spending the money on, especially if we're presumably so hard up.
Serge has two years left and unless he signs a new contract Levy will push to sell him. I agree our RB links are...middling, but they are all younger as well with good potential.

Back
Top Bottom