Pre-Season 2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Alli very poor today. Not a CM obviously. Was poor in the first half as well.

Clarke looks bright enough. Good to see Ndombele get 45.. he played okay, nothing special. Think that's only his second half of football since Feb.

I'm not defending Dele's performances over the past year to 1 1/2 years. He hasn't been good enough for what we have needed, or at his potential.

That said, I couldn't really care less about preseason games. Aside from being able to get a better look at some of the youth/fringe players and helping the coaching staff try out some new things, they are generally meaningless.

I think the only players who take these games that seriously are the kids and fringe players who are vying for a place. For the typical starting 11, these games aren't too integral to them.

I think when I see the same things in pre-season games that I have for the past season or more from guys like Lamela, Dele and Moura it concerns me because it indicates that is their natural reaction/inclination to how they play the game. It is when the same issues you have seen before continually pop up that concerns me.

If it were Kane out there trying silly little things or not giving his all I would be less concerned because he has shown that is not his typical style.

If Dele was out there making late, dumb tackles I wouldn't be as worried because again that isn't his normal play so more likely to do with the level of the game.

Did not see the whole 1st half, missed first 13 and last 10 min or so... But gosh it is different picture with and without Ndombele.

No one with decisive progressive passing on the field now. But ofc we wre playing without PEH, Winks, GLC. Essentially no decent passers on. And midfield is where you win or lose.

Not much point watching it, though good that likes of Ndombele, Sanchez etc get some minutes, and also youngsters get valuable practice like White and Clarke.

If I were Dele's mother I'd call him off the pitch now, slap his legs red and tell him to go have a shower and a good think about how he played today. Then to come back out and apologise to everyone.

Harvey White - more one footed than Lamela
giphy.gif

Dele is so far off the player he was when he burst onto the scene 5 years ago. The decline is scary to witness.

Too slow and ponderous in midfield. Imo he is finished as an effective midfielder. His only hope is converting himself into a striker because he can score goals sometimes

Back
Top Bottom