Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Our weakness were right back, defensive midfielder and centre backs. Defensively we’re one of the worst in the PL and have addressed 2 out 3 so what on earth are you taking about?

I'd broadly agree, think we've done alright addressing a couple of blatant weaknesses in the squad.
Imo we still need a backup to Kane who can chip in with 10-15 goals should Kane get injured or need time off again.

But I think we've done alright, I think people just see Chelsea splurging hundred million and think we should do the same without realizing its just not realistic for us.

I'd broadly agree, think we've done alright addressing a couple of blatant weaknesses in the squad.
Imo we still need a backup to Kane who can chip in with 10-15 goals should Kane get injured or need time off again.

But I think we've done alright, I think people just see Chelsea splurging hundred million and think we should do the same without realizing its just not realistic for us.

I’d take Son over any of the backs up mentioned and most in the league for that matter. We’ve entered this absurd moment where it is February and both are still out in the minds of some. Scoring goals is not our problem and it is stopping them going in an a centre back is far more important than anything else and there is hysterics over a striker who will sit on our bench. Bizarre.

...with an accompanying readjustment of opinions by people who would have rolled-on-the-floor-laughing-their-arses-off had the barrel-shaped Watford donkey signed for West Ham.

Unfortunately, "winning mentality" isn't really appropriate in this case, seeing as his team have just been relegated. I'm expecting to see "real nuisance", "do a job up top" and "home-grown quota" predominate, perhaps with a rogue "won't actually play" thrown in by some one who's particularly desperate
Deeney is a total disgrace not only as a footballer but as a person and professional. Fuck him.

Would be the worst possible signing we could ever make. If we think Rose's whining attitude is bad...

Should have a pretty good idea of how much the player costs before making enquiry. Not going to make an enquiry for Neymar because we already know he's out of our price range.
Is it likely that Inter will sell the player for 15 or 20m? No.

Neymar type players, yes, but otherwise not really. You're talking about little more than guess-work (relying on what you beleive player X to be worth) when one can remove any doubt by means of a brief enquiry to the parent club...

It's a simple 2-part question:

Is X available? ....If so, for how much?

...There are far more pertinent things to complain about.

I’d take Son over any of the backs up mentioned and most in the league for that matter. We’ve entered this absurd moment where it is February and both are still out in the minds of some. Scoring goals is not our problem and it is stopping them going in an a centre back is far more important than anything else and there is hysterics over a striker who will sit on our bench. Bizarre.
I think the need for the back up striker is for the Europa and league cup. Son and kane are both going to be in the best 11 so ideally you don't want them to be needed for the Europa

We have a game every three and a half days for the next few months, if you can't see that the squad is in dire need of a centre forward I don't know what to say.

Agreed on CB. I like Eric Dier but there seems to be a lot of misplaced faith his ability.

I think the need for the back up striker is for the Europa and league cup. Son and kane are both going to be in the best 11 so ideally you don't want them to be needed for the Europa

Absolutely. There are clear practicalities to us buying a 2nd CF.

Milik or bust then by the looks of it :avbshock:
Napoli owner says that if no one pays the 35m asking price for Milik he'll put him in the stands for a year and let him go for free. After rejecting swap deals with Cengiz Under.

I believe him, he's a pretty crazy guy. Doubt Levy will have much success dealing with him, they're like the worst match up imaginable.

Reliable Watford reporters reporting that Deeney is going to West Brom.

UdxFHgm.gif

Back
Top Bottom