Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Reliable Watford reporters reporting that Deeney is going to West Brom.

UdxFHgm.gif
So now we are being outbid by the likes of West Brom? Why hasnt Covid affected them??
I cant take much more of this!!! Levy OUT! :troll:

Sounds like there is money to spend. This is from the amazon doc:

Later, after the return of football, Tottenham's technical performance director Steve Hitchen speaks about the summer transfer window.

"We've got a good group of young players. Hopefully we'll add two or three players this summer, maybe more," he says.

"It's difficult for fans because fans always say 'we should be signing this player' or 'we should be signing that player'.

"We've been backed in terms of transfer funds. We know where there's holes, where's there's gaps and Jose has been very clear that they are three or four positions he wants to improve on.
Madness if he thinks the team only needed 2/3, 4/5 is where it needs to be starting at to give the squad depth.

It's like the club are working their way down the list to find the cheapest tick that will do.
Not sure what we will end up with, but best to keep the expectations low just in case nothing happens.
I caught maybe two Metz games last season. Diallo is decent. He has a lot of the raw elements that Jose likes in a striker. Based on the limited footage I have seen I think he would do okay.

Madness if he thinks the team only needed 2/3, 4/5 is where it needs to be starting at to give the squad depth.

I took it to mean 3/4 starting positions need improving. Rightback, midfield done. Centre back, attacking midfield still to be done perhaps? But yeah, I've said all summer I expected relatively big changes. 5 in and 5 out is my guess.

With Ndombele struggling with the pace of our league they might have reservations about doing it again so soon.
Nah, We've been tracking Diallo for over a year if memory serves me right.

We cannot write off a market because one player struggled. All players struggle to adapt to a new league to some degree bar a select few.

It's like the club are working their way down the list to find the cheapest tick that will do.
Not sure what we will end up with, but best to keep the expectations low just in case nothing happens.

Basically what always happens. Then we end up with a player who barely gets a game and we get stuck with as Levy tries to get his money back.

So now we are being outbid by the likes of West Brom? Why hasnt Covid affected them??
I cant take much more of this!!! Levy OUT! :troll:

I'm gonna have to have a quiet word with my boss.... This is just unacceptable.

I can't be expected to work under these conditions.

Back
Top Bottom