Tottenham v Everton - Sunday September 13, 4:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

the Diamond was a 'solution' to a personnel problem. Was it the right solution? That can be debated but the problem was bad players and we are watching them still plod around on the field now. There is no tactical solution to lousy players (well, the press but that's a different point).

CLEARLY, not a fucking Diamond.

Shockingly bad second half, 2-14 (Llores gets a pass, just).

Actually, 2-15, I thought Jose's subs were rank. Winks and Dele had an OK first half I thought.

For the life of me I don't see why you would bring on Sissoko. His skill set is Cambridge United level

Last edited:
Alistair Gold has been commenting about his worry re our lack of creativity, based on today he was spot on.
Worrying Dele came off at half time, let’s hope it wasn’t hamstring related.
We didn’t create enough moments in the second half and Everton took their moment well. If Richarlison was wearing his glasses could have been a lot worse.
Not great signs but decent learnings; Pierre and Harry shouldn’t play together, we need someone in the hole with an eye for a pass and Doherty gets caught out far too often in behind.

That was utterly dreadful. Any momentum from a decent finish last season completely gone.

This season is going to be a long slog. Give José a pre-season to get them organised, they said...
Same old sad spurs, lacking any creative spark totally fucking clueless nothing ever changes.
Luckily we are under no pressure to win anything thank fuck otherwise this would be serious.
New faces same old shit does this team get coached what the fuck is going on.

7 or 8 of our players have no business being at this club

It will take years to sort this out and I have no faith in us doing so

The nineties are coming back
Not if we act with balls.

Sell as much deadweight as we can and bring in a new manager with the right way of playing football.

At least make us good to watch and shit, not shit to watch and shit.

Hojbjerg was awful. On the other hand Doherty looked good until Mourinho decided to change everything and play Sissoko as a winger.

We looked solid first half so God knows why he decided to make a sub straight away and change things. Second half was disgraceful and Sissoko ending up as a right back shows that even Jose knows he fucked up.

How do Everton's 3 new signings gel in 10minutes... yet our team, most of whom have been together nigh on 6/7 years, look like they've never met....? Or is that the problem now?

Holjberg and Matt Doherty made the kind of debuts more reminiscent of Lewis Holtby & Gary Doherty!

Mourinho is more stubborn than Poch and he will keep on playing players like Winks, Davies, Moura, Dele to try to prove a point. Of course Levy has his responsability, but we ain't doing any good by player a bunch of cloggers that the manager loves for some reason we can't figure out while keeps on benching better players.
I know is easy to predict when the thing already happen, but Winks and Dele were completely shite for the first half, Ndombele and Bergwijn would no doubt improve us for the second half.

Back
Top Bottom