Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was not sure where to put this but will be interesting to see what punishment he receives for a much more serious offence.
At least Germany are allowing fans in the stadium unlike our risk adverse Government.
Yeh - bloody government not wanting people to catch a potentially deadly virus. Arseholes.

What an odd comment to have made?

Was not sure where to put this but will be interesting to see what punishment he receives for a much more serious offence.
At least Germany are allowing fans in the stadium unlike our risk adverse Government.

For harmony's sake perhaps we can keep this kind of comment to the Covid-related threads.....?

(There's even C19-specific football threads already....)

Really don't want government/political shit seeping into all the footy stuff if at all possible.

For harmony's sake perhaps we can keep this kind of comment to the Covid-related threads.....?

(There's even C19-specific football threads already....)

Really don't want government/political shit seeping into all the footy stuff if at all possible.
The point of the post was that a player confronted a fan like Dier actually tried to do. I wonder what the punishment will be as Dier got 4 matches and did not actually get near the fan. It could not happen at present as there are no fans due to the Government which is even backtracking on plans that were in place only a couple of weeks ago. .

The point of the post was that a player confronted a fan like Dier actually tried to do. I wonder what the punishment will be as Dier got 4 matches and did not actually get near the fan.

Part 1

It could not happen at present as there are no fans due to the Government which is even backtracking on plans that were in place only a couple of weeks ago. .

Part 2..... Tenuous shoehorning of person covid politics.

Doesn't take a genius to see it for what it was.

You've provoked a reaction (from more than one person). Well done you. :roll:

I made a polite request....
You missed the whole point of the post about a player confronting a fan and concentrated on the lack of fans although not provoking the reaction of those on here that want to get back to watching football live again by saying you disagree with fans being allowed back . This reaction was not polite.

You missed the whole point of the post about a player confronting a fan

Of course I didn't. This proves as much.

Part 1 - [re: German bloke vs Dier]

Part 2..... Tenuous shoehorning of person covid politics.

spursmalc said:
.... and concentrated on the lack of fans although not provoking the reaction of those on here that want to get back to watching football live again by saying you disagree with fans being allowed back .

That's catagorically false.... I did not express a personal opinion at all.

This reaction was not polite.

"For harmony's sake perhaps we can keep this kind of comment to the Covid-related threads.....?"

What's so impolite about that????

Nothing.

Of course I didn't. This proves as much.

That is my point you did not state whether you support fans getting back to the stadium.

"For harmony's sake perhaps we can keep this kind of comment to the Covid-related threads.....?"

What's so impolite about that????

Nothing.
Well done you. :roll:
This was the opinion I objected to.

That is my point you did not state whether you support fans getting back to the stadium.

Well done you. :roll:
This was the opinion I objected to.

Pfffff.....

Let's try again then shall we....

"For harmony's sake perhaps we can keep that kind of comment to the Covid-related threads.....?"

Just watched the pre-game interview with Eric Dier and the piss poor state of football journalists was on full show ... boring questions repeated over and over even though it was obvious how he was going to answer. The one positive from the whole Covid thing is that half these wankers probably won't survive.

Just watched the pre-game interview with Eric Dier and the piss poor state of football journalists was on full show ... boring questions repeated over and over even though it was obvious how he was going to answer. The one positive from the whole Covid thing is that half these wankers probably won't survive.
If they ask non boring questions they get booted because the clubs don't want controversial statements from the players or manager.

If they ask non boring questions they get booted because the clubs don't want controversial statements from the players or manager.

Or boring answers like "we are just focusing on the game" from the players that do nothing to address the question or provide any useful insight.

In football people talk a lot about belief - self-help language, etc. But the opposite could also be a problem. Some of our players should have less belief in themselves.

For example, why did Eric Dier take that free-kick?

Last edited:
In football people talk a lot about belief - self-help language, etc. But I think they forget that the opposite could also be a problem. Some of our players should have less belief in themselves. For example, why did Eric Dier take that free-kick?
He also doesn’t seem to be able to judge probability of situations, couple of moments tonight where he rushed out to get tight and challenge for a ball only to get spun and dragged out the game. This is against plumbers and train engineers.

It’s weird as I remember thinking he looked good after lock down before the sheffield game, he seems to be back to his old self but the CB version.

dont mind him for the squad and I absolutely love the guy but I don’t want him to be our first choice CB.

So still will not give your opinion on whether fans should be in a stadium which is clearly a football matter.

I'm trying to avoid engaging with your blinkered views regarding Covid.

This thread is about Eric Dier.

There's a "Covid/Football" thread.... Use it.

He also doesn’t seem to be able to judge probability of situations, couple of moments tonight where he rushed out to get tight and challenge for a ball only to get spun and dragged out the game. This is against plumbers and train engineers.

It’s weird as I remember thinking he looked good after lock down before the sheffield game, he seems to be back to his old self but the CB version.

dont mind him for the squad and I absolutely love the guy but I don’t want him to be our first choice CB.
Ben Davies used to play safe on the left; if we were still playing with asymmetrical FB's, I´d agree with you that Dier would be just fine as a backup to Toby - as a LCB that in possession becomes the central defender of a back 3 (Jose has been playing them together, which in my opinion is a mistake). Anyway, things have changed when we signed Reguilón. I´m not so sure about Toby anymore - let alone Dier.

To make things worse, the goal we conceded today was initially Sanchez fault - he made a mistake, they got a corner. Second goal in two games from set-pieces - even though we had Eric Dier, who was supposed to help us in the air, in both games.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom