Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With you on shifting out the Moura's, Lamela's, I just don't see the point of wasting 13m (26m for two years) a year bringing a player who's 31, barely had a decent game in 4 years and is sure to spend at least a third of his 250k weeks playing ESPN Golf in the medical unit. And his lack of effort off the ball won't suit Mourinho or any modern coach we bring in when Mourinho hopefully fucks off,

If we want attacking pace, technique and directness, we could get that "now" from players like Eze and Stengs - who are already better "now" than the likes of Moura, Lamela and co, and their combined wages would be about half and have huge potential future upside.

I think this is more of PR move with the hope of a couple of brilliant moments. Will add a lot of pressure onto Jose as well.

Oh and WINNING MENTALITY!!!!!!

We will now have a WC winning captain, a winner of 3 4 CLs, a Winner of the EL, a winner of the EPL, and of course, a manager with a CV to make anyone jealous. So we are a club of winners now.

Last edited:
EiBZvn7WAAInGlg

:mourpointlaugh:

So 23 years old is no longer young for a centre back?

I have no idea if he's good but seems to have good physical characteristics and if we are going for a back 3 we need more bodies in there.

He'll be 24 in November, its not old but I am not sure there are a lot of guys that go from being not close to PL ready to PL starters after the age of 24.

This guy is 6 months younger than Davison Sanchez for example and a year older than Foyth and 6 months older than Ruben Dias at Benfica who would be a starter if we brought him in now.

I don't see why we would sell Foyth and buy this guy for the same or more money. Its hard to believe he will be better than Foyth now or in the future.

Look's quite a handful, quick, two footed, confident, tricky and very skillful.

Jose will soon slap that out of him.............

So funny that everyone is hyped about this guy, which I am too, but half of y'all claimed KWP was too slight to play in the league. This dude is 5'10" and KWP is 5'9".

This doesn't mean they are the same player BTW. Sergio is much faster, more attack minded, and seasoned, but he is basically the same frame that many wrote off with KWP.

KWP was also dumber than a bag of hammers. This guy has 38 starts for Sevilla last year and was on the Europa League's all tournament team

I just added a bit more to that original comment in response to these types of replies. I am not saying they are the same player, but many said KWP would never make it because of his frame.

And KWP involvement in top-flight games was down to our mismanagement. Not his ability.

I think this is more of PR move with the hope of a couple of brilliant moments. Will add a lot of pressure onto Jose as well.

Oh and WINNING MENTALITY!!!!!!

We will now have a WC winning captain, a winner of 3 CLs, a Winner of the EL, a winner of the EPL, and of course, a manager with a CV to make anyone jealous. So we are a club of winners now.
Yep if these 2 happen and hopefully a decent striker there are zero excuses to serve up what we've witnessed in the last 10 months. If you cant make a good, entertaining, winning side with Lloris, Doherty, Requilon, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Son, Bale, Kane, Bergwijn at your disposal then your toast.

Back
Top Bottom