Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With you on shifting out the Moura's, Lamela's, I just don't see the point of wasting 13m (26m for two years) a year bringing a player who's 31, barely had a decent game in 4 years and is sure to spend at least a third of his 250k weeks playing ESPN Golf in the medical unit. And his lack of effort off the ball won't suit Mourinho or any modern coach we bring in when Mourinho hopefully fucks off,

If we want attacking pace, technique and directness, we could get that "now" from players like Eze and Stengs - who are already better "now" than the likes of Moura, Lamela and co, and their combined wages would be about half and have huge potential future upside.

Maybe I am living off too much nostalgia but I still think Bale has skill and quality that those guys do not, for me I think he is no doubt a better player this season than anyone like that we bring in.

He'll be 24 in November, its not old but I am not sure there are a lot of guys that go from being not close to PL ready to PL starters after the age of 24.

This guy is 6 months younger than Davison Sanchez for example and a year older than Foyth and 6 months older than Ruben Dias at Benfica who would be a starter if we brought him in now.

I don't see why we would sell Foyth and buy this guy for the same or more money. Its hard to believe he will be better than Foyth now or in the future.

Foyth is the antithesis of a Mourinho defender.

Loan him to Leeds see what he can do.

Get the monster in.

I think this is more of PR move with the hope of a couple of brilliant moments. Will add a lot of pressure onto Jose as well.

Oh and WINNING MENTALITY!!!!!!

We will now have a WC winning captain, a winner of 3 CLs, a Winner of the EL, a winner of the EPL, and of course, a manager with a CV to make anyone jealous. So we are a club of winners now.

Bale has won 4 CL.

2wv3z3.png

Levy to Lamela sometime this week

Foyth is the antithesis of a Mourinho defender.

Loan him to Leeds see what he can do.

Get the monster in.

I am not opposed to loaning Foyth out, I agree that is the best move we can make, but if we do that lets bring in either a much better player than Kim, or a player with much better potential than Kim, or a player that helps us with our homegrown quota or best yet someone with all 3 of those qualities.

The Korean Monster basically brings nothing to the table other than being a warm body. He is not good enough for our team now, unlikely to ever be good enough and he is foreign. Adding him to the team does nothing positive for us.

Yep if these 2 happen and hopefully a decent striker there are zero excuses to serve up what we've witnessed in the last 10 months. If you cant make a good, entertaining, winning side with Lloris, Doherty, Requilon, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Son, Bale, Kane, Bergwijn at your disposal then your toast.

I would argue that he has already failed to make a good, entertaining, winning side out of what he has.

Having multiple players of any age that have won major competitions should be a big boost to the club. You can see that winning attitude and quality from Lloris. Now we will have Reguilon and Bale (knock on wood), both of whom have won major European club tournaments. Reguilon and Bale both come from a club with a mentality where winning is not an option. On top of that we have one of the top managers of all time who has lots of trophies.

Whatever players don’t get in line and live and breath passion for winning can get the fuck out of the club.

Still reckon a decent shout for a homegrown centre back who can also play defensive midfield is Ben Godfrey. We were linked quite a bit pre Mourinho. Fee would likely be an issue but he was very highly rated before Norwich's 2nd half of the season shitshow.

With you on shifting out the Moura's, Lamela's, I just don't see the point of wasting 13m (26m for two years) a year bringing a player who's 31, barely had a decent game in 4 years and is sure to spend at least a third of his 250k weeks playing ESPN Golf in the medical unit. And his lack of effort off the ball won't suit Mourinho or any modern coach we bring in when Mourinho hopefully fucks off,

If we want attacking pace, technique and directness, we could get that "now" from players like Eze and Stengs - who are already better "now" than the likes of Moura, Lamela and co, and their combined wages would be about half and have huge potential future upside.
Rubbish. We have been doing this for years now. Buy low with high potential & resale value. Eze and Stengs, whoever the fuck they are, are just more young potentials. If we are buying like that, then they should be bought alongside established replacements for Moura, Lamela and co. Frankly, your disrespect for Moura is beneath contempt. That lad, like him or not, dragged us from the grave to get us into the biggest final in club football. He then got dropped for a half fit Kane in the final. He still comes out of that documentary as one of the more favourable characters and a genuine team player. You’d ship him out for some cunt from the championship? Do me a favour pal.
As much as I have reservations about Bale, he is a proven world beater. Not some “might be good in a few years with a huge resale value”.
Dare and do. And now is the time

I know Bale is the more exciting of the two, but personally I'm much more excited at the prospect of Reguilon. With him on the left and a more settled Doherty on the right, it could drastically change the way we play regardless of Bale's presence.

Back
Top Bottom