Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still reckon a decent shout for a homegrown centre back who can also play defensive midfield is Ben Godfrey. We were linked quite a bit pre Mourinho. Fee would likely be an issue but he was very highly rated before Norwich's 2nd half of the season shitshow.

I think he likely costs way too much but if the price is reasonable he makes way more sense than the Korean Monster.

Maybe we can use the fact that Skipp is going to single handily bring them back up to the Prem as a leverage point. Surely the money he will make them from promotion could cut some of the asking price for Godfrey down.

I wonder what the social media team has planned for Bale, I assume some form of shithousery is in the works. Reveal on a golf course? A Wales, Spurs, Golf flag that would be just amazing.
I'd love to see him in that flag when we beat Real in next season's CL. Right now, though that would be too much of a dick-slap in the face for the Real fans.

I know Bale is the more exciting of the two, but personally I'm much more excited at the prospect of Reguilon. With him on the left and a more settled Doherty on the right, it could drastically change the way we play regardless of Bale's presence.

thags true. But we need a centre half. It’s an absolute must. When richarlison beat Toby to that ball on Sunday it was the most evident thing from the entire game. Tanganga is the future But we need another Centre half in the door asap

Rubbish. We have been doing this for years now. Buy low with high potential & resale value. Eze and Stengs, whoever the fuck they are, are just more young potentials. If we are buying like that, then they should be bought alongside established replacements for Moura, Lamela and co. Frankly, your disrespect for Moura is beneath contempt. That lad, like him or not, dragged us from the grave to get us into the biggest final in club football. He then got dropped for a half fit Kane in the final. He still comes out of that documentary as one of the more favourable characters and a genuine team player. You’d ship him out for some cunt from the championship? Do me a favour pal.
As much as I have reservations about Bale, he is a proven world beater. Not some “might be good in a few years with a huge resale value”.
Dare and do. And now is the time

What Moura did that one game in the CL is amazing and we should celebrate every year if not more often. We can hang a banner for him in the stadium, bring him in every year to get a standing ovation from the supporters, give him lifetime tickets to any Spurs game he wants.

What we should not do is ignore that he is clearly not good enough and needs to be upgraded on because of that game.

Swapping players like Eze (who isn't even a possibility) or Stengs for Moura makes us a better team right now, Not only are they better players but they add a dimension to our team that we do not have especially off the bench. Moura already is fairly redundant with the much better Bergwijn in the squad and a more versatile and useful Lamela in the squad as well. With Bale coming in we have more than enough coverage on the wings especially when all Moura really offers is trying hard and running a lot.

Bringing in young guys who can make passes, potential come off the bench to help unlock defenses, give us options to change our style/tactics and can grow into being top level starters for us is so obvious that it is frustrating it hasn't happened already.

Bringing them in doesn't change what Moura did for us, it doesn't make it less important but that was in the past and the current Moura is not close to good enough to start for us and doesn't offer near enough to be on the bench for us either.

What Moura did that one game in the CL is amazing and we should celebrate every year if not more often. We can hang a banner for him in the stadium, bring him in every year to get a standing ovation from the supporters, give him lifetime tickets to any Spurs game he wants.

What we should not do is ignore that he is clearly not good enough and needs to be upgraded on because of that game.

Swapping players like Eze (who isn't even a possibility) or Stengs for Moura makes us a better team right now, Not only are they better players but they add a dimension to our team that we do not have especially off the bench. Moura already is fairly redundant with the much better Bergwijn in the squad and a more versatile and useful Lamela in the squad as well. With Bale coming in we have more than enough coverage on the wings especially when all Moura really offers is trying hard and running a lot.

Bringing in young guys who can make passes, potential come off the bench to help unlock defenses, give us options to change our style/tactics and can grow into being top level starters for us is so obvious that it is frustrating it hasn't happened already.

Bringing them in doesn't change what Moura did for us, it doesn't make it less important but that was in the past and the current Moura is not close to good enough to start for us and doesn't offer near enough to be on the bench for us either.
We are talking about replacing Moura with Bale as opposed to replacing him with Eze. Bale almost certainly improves us immediately. Eze? Who is he even? The next Zaha?

Some of you may remember Darren Alexander, this was his song for Bale 10 years ago...

Gareth Bale, Gareth Bale,
He was born to play for Spurs,
He was born to play for Spurs

Better than that awful Bale Bale mooing and pointing rubbish at any rate.

Of course if we really cared, we'd learn to sing this in Welsh...

Imagine his little gibbon face!

Back
Top Bottom